Notices

Heart stress test tomorrow. Drank today and can't go to AA

Old 01-09-2019, 05:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Good news everyone. Test was fine. No blockages.
Old 01-09-2019, 05:41 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

That’s great news! I hope you keep getting better. Plenty of good advice in this thread!
Old 01-09-2019, 05:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats terrific news Sweetichick - that means you have an excellent chance of quitting now with no long term ill effects.

D
Old 01-09-2019, 05:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We know you can do it, sweeti. It's going to feel so good to be free.
Old 01-09-2019, 06:23 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

So glad to hear all went well. I was on SR awhile ago I had to change user name because I forgot mine. Anyways I got sober around the time u joined. Have been checking in too see how u are... if I can quit so can you... I had to hit my bottom and boy did I, but so glad I got arrested, my husband of 23 years kicked me out all family disowned me and verge of losing 20 yr job. But all finally clicked and it’s amazing Sweets.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:10 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Heya Sweetichick

This post reminded me of something - how I would stop drinking for one day, two days, five days, a couple weeks. For years I did that. Well, over some years. There were many years where I maybe got one day that year, and others where I had a sprinkling of various amounts of time.

When I really got sober I realized that in addition to everything else, I was forcing myself to repeat the (physically) worst part of recovery over and over by doing that. That split second decision you’re talking about isn’t really split second (as you said above) but almost like counting the time towards the excuse. It’s part of the racing mind early on. It’s another world in many ways when you get past it. Getting past it involves the plan. The plan to kick the (planned) excuse to the curb, that is.

Anyway I hope your test went well, and I hope you start again today. Always rooting for you. xo-b
Old 01-09-2019, 10:12 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
I didn’t see this part when I answered. Yayyyy! Maybe now you can go to a meeting?

Old 01-09-2019, 11:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bexxed View Post
I didn’t see this part when I answered. Yayyyy! Maybe now you can go to a meeting?

Thanks Bexxed for your continued support. I am not allowed to go out tonight but have to rest. The whole thing took over 2 hours. Back to a meeting tomorrow night though. I am so happy nothing is wrong. I got away with everything so far just have to manage my diabetes better. A great 2019 awaits.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:45 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

good!
now about that detox and rehab that was asked about earlier. sure hope theres no more excuses for them.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:49 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Great news x
Old 01-10-2019, 05:01 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
good!
now about that detox and rehab that was asked about earlier. sure hope theres no more excuses for them.
I gotta second this sweeti. All of the following is said with care and concern and out of the desire to support you. You have a pattern of coming and posting (great, really) when there is some sort of crisis (boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, death, daughter, health, house issues) and talking about how you drank over it. You then pull yourself out and report on the days sober you have. Various people come to offer advice and ask specific questions about your recovery plan, which you generally ignore and then disappear for a few days, coming back only when a new crisis hits.

What can you do differently this time? For a start, can you answer the questions posed to you here on this thread about what happened to your plan for detox? I recall you saying the rehab was going to be delayed, but you have not commented further about detox. Next, do you think this time you can stay a little more active and involved on SR for a start? Keep posting, even when you start to hit a stride. Even just reporting on your day or reaching out if you are starting to feel bad about something. What about starting to put together a plan for your next payday now, instead of waiting until it is nearly upon you to start worrying?

We all know this is hard, trust me. You can do this if you DO the work. We\re here to support you.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:20 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sweeti I hope the test goes well. Sending you positive thoughts to not drink today.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:22 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I’m exhausted, Sweeti, but I will never give up on you. Don’t give up on yourself either. How did the test go? Did you get to a meeting?
Here for you...
Old 01-10-2019, 01:25 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good news Sweeti! Now I hope you can focus on your recovery.
Old 01-10-2019, 01:34 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I know the feeling, I had my tests done back in May, it does feel good knowing everything is good. I still had a bad aortic valve that I had replaced in June. It was purely genetic, not related to my alchohol abuse or diet. Recovery time would have been a lot longer with bypass thrown in
Old 01-10-2019, 02:31 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hey, Sweeti. I am glad you had good news from the doc so perhaps you can use this to jump-start your sobriety with the confidence that you can have a healthy life-which you certainly can-if you just
lay off the booze. Please look into rehab and detox options--I needed lots of help to quit and inpatient rehab was part of it. It was the best thing I'd done for myself, even though I was very against going at the start. There has been lots of great advice here and much love being shown you, Sweeti. We get it, we feel for you and our fond desire is for you to get better and have a decent, dignified and fun life without the poison of alcohol. All the best.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:04 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
I gotta second this sweeti. All of the following is said with care and concern and out of the desire to support you. You have a pattern of coming and posting (great, really) when there is some sort of crisis (boyfriend, ex-boyfriend, death, daughter, health, house issues) and talking about how you drank over it. You then pull yourself out and report on the days sober you have. Various people come to offer advice and ask specific questions about your recovery plan, which you generally ignore and then disappear for a few days, coming back only when a new crisis hits.

What can you do differently this time? For a start, can you answer the questions posed to you here on this thread about what happened to your plan for detox? I recall you saying the rehab was going to be delayed, but you have not commented further about detox. Next, do you think this time you can stay a little more active and involved on SR for a start? Keep posting, even when you start to hit a stride. Even just reporting on your day or reaching out if you are starting to feel bad about something. What about starting to put together a plan for your next payday now, instead of waiting until it is nearly upon you to start worrying?

We all know this is hard, trust me. You can do this if you DO the work. We\re here to support you.
With the detox, I detoxes myself with the help of valium. Currently on day 2. I don't post unless there is something to talk about. I don't think people are really interested in hearing about cleaning but I will make more of an effort. I am still dealing with my mother who has decided to disown me because I rang her too much trying to find out what was happening with Christmas. I don't care though it hurts a bit. She is happy in her isolation. With rehab my sponsor agrees I can't go. So instead I have to do an AA meeting everyday for 3 months. That's hard work. It has to be a daily decision not to pick up and instead go to the meeting. Thanks for your concern Mera.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:39 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement and support. I will reply to more of you individually later.
Old 01-10-2019, 09:46 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

With rehab my sponsor agrees I can't go.
Why is that?

Edit: for every 'reason' you've said you "can't go.." I/we could pull up multiple threads,from you, on why you SHOULD go... Not trying to be an ass,but..own your choice(s) one way or the other. I didn't get sober by placing blame,so all I know is owning MY stuff..
Old 01-10-2019, 10:42 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DontRemember View Post
Why is that?

Edit: for every 'reason' you've said you "can't go.." I/we could pull up multiple threads,from you, on why you SHOULD go... Not trying to be an ass,but..own your choice(s) one way or the other. I didn't get sober by placing blame,so all I know is owning MY stuff..
You don't know me personally. She does. For those that can't make it to rehab for whatever reason she recommends AA every night. I don't have the upfront money and would have to sell my car which is mortgaged to the house. I would love to go but have no health insurance. Are you happy now?