Weekender Thread 04-07 January 2019

Old 01-09-2019, 02:10 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Welcome home, MantaLady. Well done!
Old 01-09-2019, 03:27 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can totally do this MantaLady - I have faith in you

Zoey - remember the AV talks a good talk but it's really powerless. I needs your arms and legs to get the booze and pour it down your throat. If you refuse to cooperate, there's nothing the AV can do about it - except maybe throw a tantrum - but tantrums pass

D
Old 01-09-2019, 08:13 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning weekenders.
Woke up around 04:30. Time for coffee.
Nice to see you back and posting Captain yay...
Have to get myself a good frontal lamp for jogging in the mornings... Same here work is a pain in the behind at the moment but I say it's only a phase....
Later weekenders
Old 01-10-2019, 12:03 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  
Do your best

Morning gang
Old 01-10-2019, 01:02 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Morning Vinny and soberwolf, but it’s goodnight from me
Old 01-10-2019, 01:49 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Morning, weekenders.

I've got a little bit of cold, hope it will be gone soon.

Have a good day.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:00 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning all, happy Thursday. Was at information night with dear daughter for the digitial media course she is applying for. Unbelievable portfolio requirements. Besides artwork samples and resume are a self portrait on non-digital media, a minimalist logo, game box re-design and get this: A chair. She had to build a functional yet unique chair. I'm like freaked, she's never worked with lumber or done a construction anything like this before and she's l like Meh, I got this....
Old 01-10-2019, 04:43 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Bim, thank you for the suggestions on beating back the AV! I really appreciate ideas, and promise to use them. And thanks to all who gave me support. Fingers crossed, I felt better yesterday and even better today. I think my mind was beginning to realize I was in this for the long run, and the AV wanted me back and got active. But nope, not happening!

Willow, (I think it was ) you talked about floating in the pool with your sister. Last night I just closed my eyes and pictured floating in a pool, and it was wonderful. Quieted everything down. Thanks for the image!

MB, have your done your second not-a-date?

Manta, the end is in sight. Hang in there … I'm thinking of you!

Good morning Cap't, Sao, SoberLeigh, Dee, ST, VMan, Phoenix and all the other weekenders here with me, facing the upcoming Friday …
Old 01-10-2019, 04:46 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Hi zoey- yeo friday here in 45 mins
Old 01-10-2019, 05:09 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Building a chair sounds like it might be fun. I have not built any chairs but I have restored a couple, including an "egg" chair. We used to have a homemade chair in the warehouse made from one of those large spools that hold cable or wire but since the boss has made us look more professional we don't have interesting stuff lying around anymore. I reckon the most important thing is to measure everything twice and get someone else to measure everything as well to make sure it matches.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:17 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Vman, you are very succinct in your writing these days. I hope all is well with you.

Captain, nice to "see" you again.

Midnight, don't forget the NetiPot for your cold. Three times a day and I promise your cold won't gain a foothold.

Do viruses have feet?

Zoey, glad you're feeling better.

I need to get a job. Pretty sure I won't find one staring at gorillas, so my zoo visits are ending now. The zoo will be a day off thing, like most of the world does.

Is it Thursday? So new thread is tomorrow...right. I'll figure that out someday.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:18 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Greetings, all.

Making a chair sounds daunting. Yikes.

It is almost the Weekend, gang.

Let’s do this thing SOBER!

Love and prayers for all.
Old 01-10-2019, 06:44 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Dragon - I think it's a chance for your daughter to let her creativity play and get interesting experience if she is up for doing this course.

Zoey - Good job turning down that AV. It is irritating and keeps coming, but at some point it will get the message there there is nothing here and it's better to get the heck away.

My second "not a date" went well, but if there another "not a date" I will have to get that uncomfortable conversation about staying friends. Though I am not sure there will be the third one. Sometimes my tongue runs before my wit , and this was the case). Maybe my subconscious decided to solve this situation in its devious way.

Bim - I remember about NetiPot, it was among my first thoughts when I started feeling unwell.

And I have to admit that I have to get a job too before I go totally bankrupt.

The biggest issue for me is to find time to write while having a day job. And also I need a balance between satisfying the need of some social interaction and having blocks of uninterrupted time.

Also I have to admit that boring "safe"job is more exhausting for me than a challenging one. But constant stress is not cool either.

When I was younger I used an excuse that I would get a better job later, but now I am constantly thinking "Why am I doing this or that?", "Why am I here"".

Hi, Leigh, Sao, and all the weekenders.

I have to skip workouts today because of cold. Sigh.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:33 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Mr

"Vman, you are very succinct in your writing these days. I hope all is well with you."

Hello Bim, indeed posts are briefer and not as often.
As you know I went pear shaped last Nov. I am sober again since the morning of Sunday the 2nd of december. Getting back on track. I go to a meeting on monday night (not AA but a local alternative group ) and an AA meeting on wednesday night. I dont have as much free time as I did. Work, mini vman, bla, bla... I try to get out jogging (plodding) walking, swimming pool at lunch time sometimes, i have even been forcing myself to go to the work cantine with the team ( i generally hate the cantine environment)

Overall I am doing well, some mood swings and irritability when i get home in the evenings. I have trouble concentrating to properly communicate and listen to mrs vman in the evening time. She seems hyperactive the whole time. Like a robot.. Work gets to me I have to admit. Come 16h00 or thereabouts I'm shot, spent, energy drain total... 20 years sitting behind three 23" computer screens. Maybe time for a reconversion...

Need to work on relaxation and meditation. I may have mentioned the shrink is convinced I am bipolar (or at least some humour problems) I have been taking some tablets since the beginning of december (mood stabiliser - GABA increaser something or other) but i dont notice any difference to be honest. Not too happy about taking these things either but Mrs Vman and I have decided we will try it for 6 months. Big side effect of these pills is weight gain...

Hold up horsy all that sounds negative and pessimist but honestly i'm not doing too bad

2moro's friday
Old 01-10-2019, 07:36 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Mr

MB : try to get yourself the NeilMed sinus rinse bottle. I think thats what Bim was talking about. I hope that not a commercial for them. If so sorry D...
Old 01-10-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Vman.

The bipolar thing...I've been diagnosed with all kinds of psyche disorders. They seem to all be gone now I've quit drinking for five years. Just regular old human emotions now.

Your work description is why I don't want a job,

Unfortunately the tax collectors don't care about my fragile flower desire to be a lady of leisure.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:53 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Thank you, Vinny. I'll see if I can get one.

Bim - In addition to tax collections those nasty people in grocery shops don't give food for free either
Old 01-10-2019, 07:57 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Right? I like to eat. And have a warm place to sleep.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:17 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

"Unfortunately the tax collectors don't care about my fragile flower desire to be a lady of leisure.
"

Old 01-10-2019, 08:50 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

This will be me in a couple of days...

Belize, here I come. I get to pretend to be a lady of leisure for a week.