Notices

Auditory Hallucinations

Old 05-25-2021, 02:45 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Enkbaa

I have had visual and auditory hallucinations at times when drinking alcoholically, and I am not schizophrenic.
Most schizophrenics are simply normal people dealing with a mental illness.
Most peoples stories do not end in murder either.

D
Old 05-25-2021, 02:58 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Dear Dee 74,

Thanks for the response with the clarification, yes of course, I get that.
My boyfriend when he is not drinking, he could not sleep normally in the night, he stays up all night, sleep in the morning 6 or 7... basically his sleeps swicthed. When he is withdrawal, he could not sleep at all night and day, then second day of the withdrawal he usually has visual hallicunation or seizure, which is so scary. I witnessed these cases two times since we started to live together.
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Enkbaa

I have had visual and auditory hallucinations at times when drinking alcoholically, and I am not schizophrenic.
Most schizophrenics are simply normal people dealing with a mental illness.
Most peoples stories do not end in murder either.

D
Old 05-25-2021, 03:42 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your boyfriend (ex?) will find his way into recovery, Enkbaa.

D
Old 05-25-2021, 07:19 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. Difference between schizophrenia and alcohol induced hallucinations.

Murder is less likely in people with schizophrenia than in the general population. Stigma and 'Alfred Hitchcock movies' perpetuate the myth.

I've had audio and visual hallucinations too. Scary stuff. Never again. So glad I'm sober.

Old 05-25-2021, 07:21 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Yes that is the best that can be hoped for. Enkbaa, you must take care of yourself first and foremost. Try to keep from getting too emotionally involved with your ex. He needs to go into recovery and get help. Wishing the best for you!
Old 05-25-2021, 03:19 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Enkbaa View Post
Dear Reckless,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and concerns.
I recently I read news in Singapore that Australian guy who married to Singapore lady killed his wife because he listened his internal voice to finish her. He has schizophereina.
I was concerned, I have a question.. Is visiual hallincunationis not like schizopherina?
With my hallucinations they were only auditory (not including on magic mushrooms). I could tell it wasn't real so even though it may have been due to some mental illness I could quickly tell true from false, right from wrong.

There is a movie, "A beautiful mind" I think it was called. Its supposed to be a true story about a mentally ill ivy league math teacher. He has hallucinations and thinks he is, I forget exactly but he believes he has to write some math formula for the fbi or cia, top secret. He ends up somehow learning to ignore and figure out what's real. He has the hallucinations still but just ignores them. I don't think most cases turn out like that. I would think its easier said then done with that degree of mental illness.

I never heard of the case in Australia but it could have been a defense strategy in court. It sounds convenient if you're on trial for murder.
Old 05-26-2021, 03:46 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

There have been many unnecessary shooting deaths of people with schizophrenia by police here in australia, because police were ignorant, untrained in dealing with people with mental illness, and used as 'defence'. Always successfully, by the way.

Fear not.

Schizophrenics are not murderers. But some murderers have schizophrenia. Again, less than the general population.

Old 05-26-2021, 04:14 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

*Amend ^^^

People with schizophrenia, not "schizophrenics". Sound a bit like bipolaroids or something.

Language is important .
Old 05-26-2021, 04:20 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

I've had auditory hallucinations before, even after I'd stopped drinking. They aren't that scary for me, thankfully, but can be a bit unnerving. I do suffer with certain mental illness, which is helped by meds and therapy, but I am not schizophrenic either. I don't like the way mental illness gets stigmatized so easily either and so much of it just is not true. I really don't discuss my issues with mental illness with anyone except a trusted few people. There does seem to be an awful lot of ignorance around the issue.
Dee thank you for your good sense comments.
Take care all. Love and peace to all!
Old 05-26-2021, 05:26 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Peace, Alysheba. ☮️
Old 05-26-2021, 05:38 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Steely,
Old 05-26-2021, 06:53 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Free.

I’ve had the auditory hallucinations as well.
Would sound like a dinner party was happening in the next room.
Living in town, there were a couple of times I’d open the window and listen for the people that I thought I heard walking along and chatting. There was never anyone outside. This was usually in the wee hours, maybe 1 to 3 a.m., somewhere in there.

Once they began they became common to every hangover, usually in the night of my day two.

It makes you feel like your not far from the wringer when your mind is giving way.

Needless to say, I’m very grateful to be sober today.

Old 05-26-2021, 08:58 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Your lovely, smiling wave meant a lot to me Alysheba. Was feeling down in the dumps and inspired me to go make a cup of tea.

I can't access those emoticons, but be assured I'm smiling and waving right on back.

Thank you. 🌺
Old 05-26-2021, 10:47 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Awww, Steely, thank you. How sweet. Take care and we're all trying for the same thing here in ways. Prayers to you and your success, which I know you will have! Have a great evening, thank you again. xxxooo to all.