Notices

Another (sigh) Day 1

Old 01-01-2019, 09:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another (sigh) Day 1

Hey everyone and Happy New Year!

Have been trying to stay sober since the Fall and was successful until a few weekend trips came along, then a big weeklong trip and then Christmas and New Years. I know so many excuses in the prior sentence but that's how my stupid AV operates.

I know the Holidays are an issue for many so I'm not beating myself up over that, but now it's 2019, I just want this time to be for good.

Thanks everyone for the support here, it brings me back to the real world and the stuggles of alcoholism.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

New actions bring new results.

What actions are you currently taking and what can you add? Addiction recovery counselor, 12 step meetings/sponsor, detox/recovery programs?

Prayer can [and often does] open us up to possibilities.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's a slip mate, not the end of the world. You know what to look out for next time. Good luck.
Old 01-01-2019, 10:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
saoutchik

You can do it Plure!
Old 01-01-2019, 02:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Plure - whats your plan?

D
Old 01-01-2019, 06:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think the main thing where I slipped up was being too lax with the idea of what might happen with social events. That is where I routinely messed up leading up to my daily drinking. Right now that will be my focus as I have some upcoming events to attend. I also need to circle back with my doc as a trigger for me is anxiety in those social settings...anxiety is something I’ve dealt with most of my life and it certainly hasn’t helped. That is an underlying issue I have to work on further.

Also picking up the Big Book and doing some reading. I’ve been to AA so many times and even gone through IOP...have the tools just need to use them instead of throwing caution to the wind.
Old 01-01-2019, 06:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, use your tools. That's what I had to do and I drank for thirty years.
AA still drank. Coming here.Still drank.
It wasn't until I found a power greater than myself that I've been ale to stop drinking.

It's been ten years sober for me now, and I was seemingly hopeless drunk.

Went back to AA and took it seriously as if my life was on the line. I come here with the same attitude.

I threw caution to the wind, too. And I look back at where it landed me. It makes me shudder.

Get serious. Don't be afraid to follow directions from those with some sober time.

I have generalized anxiety disorder. One of the reasons, probably the main one, was alcohol took the anxiety away. Until the next day, Infinitely worse anxiety. That started the morning drinking.
But, I ramble.

You can do this. It may require action on your part and you've made a great start by coming here.