Notices

New Year, New Me??

Old 01-01-2019, 06:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Year, New Me??

….Not sure....

Happy New years to everyone. My first in who knows how long that I can remember…
The feeling is good. No hangover, no "Oh ****" moments but not much else changed. I was still on my own, still in bed before midnight and still woke up feeling like there was something missing.
But the main thing is I made it through the Christmas and new year period sober and for that I am grateful. Have I lost something in gaining my sobriety, who knows.

Let us all bask in the satisfaction of being sober and let the rest work itself out as the year moves on

Happy New Year everyone, may it be all you desire and as sober as you need
Old 01-01-2019, 02:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I always say there's two parts to recovery - not drinking/drugging, and working to build a sober life you love

not sure how long you've been sober - phase one took me a few months - but maybe 2019 is a good opportunity to start phase 2 livingonwishes?

D
Old 01-03-2019, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee74,

I've been sober for 39 days so I guess I am still in phase 1.... I am just thankful I made it through the hardest time of the year without being tempted, although I have to say that the last couple of days have been difficult.
My parents have had a nasty chest infection since just before Christmas and today I had to go and do the shopping for them on my own and the temptation was very strong as I wandered around the supermarket. I survived though...
I hope you are right and that I am approaching phase 2, be nice to feel better and feel more positive....