Notices

Book - This Naked Mind

Old 01-05-2019, 11:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thank you for the recommendation! It was on sale on Amazon so I grabbed it and I already love it. I really liked Allen Carr as well but wanted something I hadn't read through... Thanks for the reminder that I wanted to read this but forgot!
Old 01-06-2019, 02:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

OK, that does it. I'm going to buy the book.
Old 02-27-2019, 02:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goose333 View Post
This Naked Mind by Annie Grace
I can't recommend this book enough. It spends considerable time explaining how alcohol is bad for us. Why we drink it... why we shouldn't. The author has been there and really understands the struggles we go through. The book somehow seems to affect the subconscious mind so that by the time you finish the book, you simply won't want to drink ever again. I found it's affect almost magical. Although I've been sober for a while now, this book has reinforced my determination to never drink again. My AV doesn't have a chance.

If you are just starting out, or if you've been sober for a while, you owe it to your future to get this book and read all of it. It WILL help. Really.

Bumping this thread back up.

I have read her book; This Naked Mind, done her "Alcohol Experiment, 30 day alcohol free challenge" (twice) and watched her podcasts.

I want to join in with the other posters to recommend all three.

Old 02-27-2019, 06:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by goose333 View Post
This Naked Mind by Annie Grace
I can't recommend this book enough. It spends considerable time explaining how alcohol is bad for us. Why we drink it... why we shouldn't. The author has been there and really understands the struggles we go through. The book somehow seems to affect the subconscious mind so that by the time you finish the book, you simply won't want to drink ever again. I found it's affect almost magical. Although I've been sober for a while now, this book has reinforced my determination to never drink again. My AV doesn't have a chance.

If you are just starting out, or if you've been sober for a while, you owe it to your future to get this book and read all of it. It WILL help. Really.
yes! This book is great, I got it in audible and it’s great!
Old 02-28-2019, 02:51 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I believe I have listened to the audiobook four times during my work commutes. It's making a big difference for me.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:38 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
01-14-2019

So I figured with my new time free from drinking I'd try to pick up reading again. I used to do it alot. I actually got a library card! However, this was not in the catalog. I'm going to order it on Amazon. Thanks for posting this and to all of those who backed it up. I trust this more than "reviews" on other sites.
Old 08-08-2019, 09:08 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I just finished reading the naked mind. I also highly recommend it to anyone considering giving up alcohol. It is an extremely powerful book that addresses how alcohol affects our subconscious. It then teaches us how we are able to change how our subconscious views alcohol. I wish I had read this book right when I quit drinking. It would have made my first 6 months of sobriety a whole lot easier.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:02 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Thanks so much, added to CART!!!
Old 08-09-2019, 09:13 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Such an amazing book. I continue to subscribe to Annie Grace’s inspirational email messages and the podcasts are great too!
Old 08-09-2019, 10:48 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Fantastic book !!! Helped me a lot !