Notices

So what’s the plan for New Year’s Eve???

Old 12-30-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So what’s the plan for New Year’s Eve???

First I want to do something that makes me smile. If I drink, I don’t smile, so next thought. People, games, maybe dominoes! I’ve enjoying that “game phase”. I love playing live music, but it’s not time for that, even after 20 months. It I go out into that environment, I get depressed watching everyone. I know it’s not for me. Playing it forward baby! I had a long-time friend, my soul mate in music. Fell off the wagon, divorce, drugs, it was really unexpected. My old best friend is still drinking whiskey, so he and his wife won’t be anywhere to be found. One of the hard things about getting sober, is making friends. I have plenty of acquaintances, but still looking for friends. Nonetheless, if it ends up that the evening is alone or low key which is a possibility, I plan to walk on the treadmill because it is an automatic mood lift. Then head to the guitar and even if I play to backing tracks, I’m still doing two things that are very important to my heart and lift my depression.
Waking up, in a new year, sober is one of the best hopeful feelings I know. 2018 has been my first full sober year in many. It opened many things up to me since my mind was working.
I can ramble forever, bottom line is whatever you “miss” on the first eve of the new year, you have a whole year of “cheering “ to do in 2019. Start on the first.
Stay strong,
SF
Old 12-30-2018, 07:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope whatever you do you have a good one SF

D
Old 12-31-2018, 09:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Staying home, content with waking up and liking myself in the morning.
Old 12-31-2018, 10:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Cooked for my dog, made a cheesecake, might go out and meet a new online friend in person.