Notices

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year.....

Old 12-28-2018, 01:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year.....

So now we are in that no mans land between the festive days and the new year. People don't know whether drinking is appropriate or not. Promises are made to celebrate and then forgotten when other commitments take precedence....

I had believed I wouldn't be tempted to drink, that those around me would support me in my sobriety but I have been put in a situation where my folks are both ill and I am having to avoid being with them for too long in case I catch whatever bug they have, not that it would be an issue for me but I really don't want to be ill, lol..

It is the whole isolation thing that has got to me. If I am honest if someone put a pint in front of me now then I would drink it and say **** the world.... Not that I am going to. I hope I have the strength enough to get through to the new year but having people I can't spend time with for whatever reason and having others asking me out for drinks is a hard thing to take so soon into my recovery.

I do have the strength, I can get through No Matter What... Having somewhere like this that I can vent and release my emotions is so good so I thank you all.

Rant over, lol...
Old 12-28-2018, 01:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not going to lie, this is a difficult time of year to be early in recovery. The influence is all around us. Not partaking is good for our commitment but leaves some lingering sadness. "No mans land " is a good description of what I'm feeling right now too. I get the sense many are or they give in.

Just remind yourself, just like those first few days of quitting, "tomorrow will be better."
Old 12-28-2018, 02:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Support in recovery is very important so
that you dont have to be alone on your
own journey while building a strong, solid
foundation to live your life upon for yrs to
come.

SR is always here whenever you need us
and is filled with folks who take their sobriety
and recovery seriously as it is very important
in staying healthy, happy and honest, sober,
clean and alive.