Notices

I wasted a whole year

Old 01-02-2019, 08:07 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hope your detox goes well and this new year is a fresh start for you sweeti.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:21 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I'm on day 2 again. I lost my job that I love because I couldn't do the work on time. My brain couldn't process anything anymore. Even reading emails or basic instructions became difficult. So, I've been given notice.
Old 01-02-2019, 10:54 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Listae - I'm sorry about your job, but I'm glad you've found us. There's a lot of support here..

if you want to make your own thread to introduce yourself, please feel free to do so - you'll probably get a lot more responses.

D
Old 01-03-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Buying that one bottle and having a few sips must have given me the taste for more. I ended up stuffing up on new years eve. I am now on day 2 again. I am sure a lot of you are getting bored reading about my constant stuffups. I went to AA last night complete with shakes. It was a good meeting. I figured all I had to do was walk in and sit down. I'm not worrying about my walking problems anymore because they may stay with me for life. My incentive not to drink is the fact that if it gets any worse I will need a walking stick. I probably need one now. Just an update on my latest stuffup.
Old 01-03-2019, 04:35 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I am sorry, Sweeti. I just hope you can do this before it is to late. I just feel sad right now. It is hard to watch. I’m sorry

It is never ever too late to get sober and I know you can do this if you really want it.
Old 01-03-2019, 05:18 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Oh dear What happened with detox?
Old 01-03-2019, 05:19 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

No one is getting bored ....I think we are all rooting for you. Your honesty helps others. I thank you for that.
Old 01-03-2019, 06:46 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Sweeti you have wasted more than a year............as you tell it it has been closer to a decade. What are you going to do now? You decided not to detox. Not to rehab. What is going to change for THIS year?
Old 01-03-2019, 09:22 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't think anyones bored, Sweeti - but the basic message you're getting here is you need to change.

Don't be like me and find you quit too late and have to use wheelchairs and stuff now to get around and have to take a vast regimen of pills every day.

You still have every chance in the world to avoid that.

You need to commit fully to the idea that you've had your last drink - no matter what.

We can give you all the support in the world - we can give you each and every piece to the puzzle - but until you find the motivation to fit the pieces together yourself, nothings going to change.

This is going to take more than a few AA meetings sweeti - it's going to be a marathon. not a sprint.

I believe you can do it tho...you just need to commit to doing everything you can to stay sober each and every single day from now on.

Its not easy but it is simple.

I know that in the past you've been a determined and capable woman - it's time to find that Sweetichick again.

Use the support here when you need to, not after,
Make it so failure is not an option.

D
Old 01-03-2019, 11:12 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Girl, I told you that I'm your friend no matter what. Know that is true. I'm here for you.

My year has been filled with highs/lows, but starting on a great level because I've had reflection, time to be sober and out of a toxic environment, and just the joy (but also sorrow) of rediscovering ME.

I've been selfish with addiction, and I've been selfish in recovery. I will continue to put myself first, but also understand how that leads to selfless acts. It makes no sense. Just know I'm here for you. I'm starting the new year single too, but who wants to commiserate in misery? NOBODY!
Old 01-04-2019, 05:43 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
. I went to AA last night complete with shakes. It was a good meeting. I figured all I had to do was walk in and sit down..
to recover from the hopeless state of mind and body, theres more work involved than just walkin in and sittin down. i think you have quite a history here showing that alone doesnt work.

If you have decided you want what we have and are willing to go to any length to get it-then you are ready to take certain steps.

At some of these we balked. We thought we could find an easier, softer way. But we could not.

With all the earnestness at our command, we beg of you to be fearless and thorough from the very start. Some of us have tried to hold on to our old ideas and the result was nil until we let go absolutely.

Half measures availed us nothing.

Here are the steps we took, which are suggested as a program of recovery...

it works IF ya work it.

what happened to detox?
Old 01-05-2019, 12:56 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you're still drinking, I was waiting for your post detox post. You were supposed to go on the second, what happened to that appointment?
Old 01-05-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi sweeti--please check in--drinking or not, we need you
Old 01-05-2019, 05:31 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thinking about you Sweetichick. You have some great advice and support on this thread. I hope you check in soon.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:03 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

hopefully you are in detox and that's the reason you have not posted in a while. John
Old 01-05-2019, 07:45 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I feel the exact same way, I wasted 2 years though.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:52 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to newcomers forum Valentinus, altho I'm sorry for what brings you here.

Feel free to post your own thread - you'll probably get more response that way
D
Old 01-05-2019, 07:54 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
welcome to newcomers forum Valentinus, altho I'm sorry for what brings you here.

Feel free to post your own thread - you'll probably get more response that way
D
Thank you, I edited my post because I accidently post it on this thread. I'll make a new thread instead
Old 01-05-2019, 07:56 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

no problems at all Valentinus - welcome aboard
Old 01-06-2019, 12:02 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Happy new year sweetichick. I’ve been away on vacation with nonexistent internet and glad to see you’re on day 2!

Someone up there was talking about the uncomfortable things we had to do to get the peace from sobriety. I agree with it. It’s lots of little things, and they do get easier after you start making them habitual.

Also, on wasting time, well, yeah. I definitely wasted time. I honestly am on the fence tho. Certainly I wish I’d gotten sober many years before I did, but on the other hand, which is the better hand, all I have is today. Today, it never crossed my mind that I wasted time in 2011, for example. Or 2012, or 2009, I definitely did waste that time but it brought me here via August of 2016, when I did get sober. Today, an ordinary day, I didn’t drink or think about drinking. I got here by one day at a time and doing uncomfortable things in a series of small actions and choices that added up to a revolutionary change. If I focused on what I didn’t do prior to that I’d be crawling in the weeds and facing relapse. So, I think it’s best to move forward with what we have as opposed to dwelling in what isn’t. Not that you are, or aren’t, just commenting on something I thought was interesting.

xo-b