Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Not a newcomer - but this is where my recovery all started 3 years ago.

Notices

Old 12-27-2018, 05:30 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Celebrating 3 years sober today and this is where my recovery started 3 years ago.

I haven't logged onto SoberRecovery for a long time - but I used to log on daily my first year or so of sobriety. SR was a great place to start my recovery as I didn't go to AA meetings and didn't really have anyone else to talk to about my struggles. I learned a lot through SR and since then have ventured out to find out resources to help me in my sobriety.

I started listening to recovery podcasts. Those are great. Listen whenever and wherever. My 2 favorites are Recovery Elevator and Recovery Happy Hour. If you want to listen to my episode on recovery happyhour you can listen following the link below - Episode 18 - Alicia

https://www.recoveryhappyhour.com/read-me/

I don't know where I would be if it weren't for finding SR - so I hope you newcomers reading this post can see how important it is to log on here as often as you need. Post. Listen. Learn everything you can about recovery. I still work everyday on my recovery. Take it one day at a time - it's amazing how fast those days add up.

-Leasha
Old 12-27-2018, 05:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Congratulations on your 3 yrs., Leasha! How wonderful to hear from you, and to know your journey to sobriety began here.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Thanks for checking in and congrats on three years sober!

Originally Posted by leasha24 View Post
...I hope you newcomers reading this post can see how important it is to log on here as often as you need. Post. Listen. Learn everything you can about recovery.
Advice that I offer to, regarding SR. I hope someone struggling tonight heeds your words.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats! Thank you for sharing I used to go to the Bubble Hour from Unpickled’s blog. I will check out the other two podcasts and your episode. I saw the Recovery Happy Hour is on iTunes for free
Sobriety does look good on you!
Old 12-27-2018, 05:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome back.
Congratulations on three years, that is awesome.

I started my recovery here, too. I had a different user name.

I still come here daily. One, to try and help the newcomer, and two to help me stay sober.
There's a lot of wisdom here. And the newcomers stories remind me about what it's like 'out there'.
I've been sober now for ten years in a large part to this place.

More power to you Leesha.
And thanks for posting. It gave me inspiration.
Old 12-27-2018, 06:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations!
SR & AA saved my life, tbh. Made me see recovery was possible. People were doing it! Thanks for posting.
Jules
Old 12-27-2018, 06:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Leasha - congrats on 3 years

D
Old 12-27-2018, 07:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Awesome job! Inspirational post!
Old 12-27-2018, 11:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 12-28-2018, 02:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Leasha... we were in the same SR class. I'm so glad you're going strong. Yay, the class of Dec '15!

And you were also my running inspiration (although I think I'd be a fair way behind you). You are a legend.
Old 12-28-2018, 03:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Just listened to your podcast and feeling very inspired so a huge thank you for sharing that with us. It’s given me some food for thought about working towards a long term goal with smaller goals. I need to stop dreaming and start taking action towards what I want to do. I have wanted for years to take a month to 6 weeks out and circumnavigate round Mont Blanc, 3 countries camping and hostels along the way. I dream about it, I talk about it, but I take no action to make it happen. I am 6 months along on my sober journey and it’s time to re-adjust my plan with some more longer term goals.

Congrats on your sober time and thanks a million for coming back and sharing with us who are in early recovery. Just what I needed to read today xx
Old 12-28-2018, 08:52 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on three years sober! And thanks for the hope.
Old 12-28-2018, 09:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Lea,

Since you never come here...lol...i doubt you will see my heart felt congrats.

I am lured to all thing recovery as well. I prefer video to podcast. I like ti see facial expressions when given the choice.

I was watching several recovery stories this week on youtube. Some folks i was watching were steven tyler, ace freely, and james hetfield. Good stuff.

Thanks.
Old 12-29-2018, 03:40 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

If you want to listen to my episode on recovery happyhour you can listen following the link below - Episode 18 - Alicia

And this:

Alicia’s Ragnar Blog
^This is what I think recovery is all about; Taking it to the next level. SR, AA, or Rehab are just tools to get us to recovery. They do not have to be endpoints. And even recovery is a launching pad to much bigger things where we learn to live our dreams, accomplish our personal goals, and get involved in life.

Recovery is great. But that's where the adventurers ask, "What's next?"
Old 12-29-2018, 07:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for all your replies!

MissPerfumado - So glad to see another one of my class members still here!! . I'm so happy I can be your running inspiration. Just as others were my run inspirations I bet others now look to you as an inspiration toward running. It's so awesome to pay it forward!

MantaLady - Thanks for taking the time to listen to my story - I love listening to others peoples stories of recovery as I always hear a little of myself in them and always gain some small insight into what I can do to help my recovery further.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:22 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
Just listened to your podcast and feeling very inspired so a huge thank you for sharing that with us. It’s given me some food for thought about working towards a long term goal with smaller goals. I need to stop dreaming and start taking action towards what I want to do. I have wanted for years to take a month to 6 weeks out and circumnavigate round Mont Blanc, 3 countries camping and hostels along the way. I dream about it, I talk about it, but I take no action to make it happen. I am 6 months along on my sober journey and it’s time to re-adjust my plan with some more longer term goals.
My sister and her husband did the Mont Blanc circumnavigation. They loved it. Here's to your dream, Mantalady. I am sure you will make it happen.
Old 12-29-2018, 09:15 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Celebrating 3 years sober today and this is where my recovery started 3 years ago.

I haven't logged onto SoberRecovery for a long time - but I used to log on daily my first year or so of sobriety. SR was a great place to start my recovery as I didn't go to AA meetings and didn't really have anyone else to talk to about my struggles. I learned a lot through SR and since then have ventured out to find out resources to help me in my sobriety.

I started listening to recovery podcasts. Those are great. Listen whenever and wherever. My 2 favorites are Recovery Elevator and Recovery Happy Hour. If you want to listen to my episode on recovery happyhour you can listen following the link below - Episode 18 - Alicia

I don't know where I would be if it weren't for finding SR - so I hope you newcomers reading this post can see how important it is to log on here as often as you need. Post. Listen. Learn everything you can about recovery. I still work everyday on my recovery. Take it one day at a time - it's amazing how fast those days add up.

-Leasha

THAT was awesome!!!

First, congrats on your sober time!!

Second, great post. I listened to your entire podcast.

I didn’t know these things existed. Now another tool on my belt.

Here’s to you, my fellow runner.

I’m wimpy, when not recovering from neck surgery, I’m about a 7-8 miler😍🏃🏼*♀️
Old 12-29-2018, 10:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

-Leasha
It's so great to hear from you Leasha!! Congratulations on three years. I am two days away from hitting that three year mark. Sending lots of love your way, hope you'll check in more often!!

❤️Delilah
Old 12-30-2018, 07:58 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

just listened to it - thanks SO much.