# 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too Horatio

D
Old 01-21-2019, 06:36 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflower84 View Post
Hi Horatio,

I'm in the Class of August group and just hit 7 weeks sober today after my last hospital admission with bad pancreatitis and a raised heart rate from my last binge. It lead me to go through a seven day ward detox... I've had a few detoxes but this time I was so much worse, I've never been so scared, could of died so easily this time at 34 so I've really had a wake up call but I know how easy it is to get complacent, I still have thoughts of being able to have an odd drink on holiday or special occasion in the future but Im trying my best to live in the day and just stay sober as long as I can...

Anyway I have just read your post and actually written down "Ultimately, I don't have control over anything that matters. Is that acceptance or a depressed resignation? " This is EXACTLY how I feel, I've noted it to share with my counsellor, my first session is on Monday and I have a list of things I feel that really affect me... It's CBT therapy, worth a try I guess.

Congrats for getting to 45 days!

I just found this thread by accident really but very glad I stumbled upon it.

I'll have a read back over posts now and follow your journey

K
It s sounds like you're playing for keeps when you drink.

I sure hope you get and stay sober.

I was in similar shape when I got sober at the age of 31.

No more health issues - little drama in my daily living issues too.
Old 02-03-2019, 11:28 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
South Asian

Hello All. Approaching 70 days sober. Feeling much more positive. A few vivid drinking dreams. Not scary. Did not enjoy the drinking in the dream. A degree of calmness and acceptance slowly creeping into my approach. Not a lack of all feeling. But a greater degree of control which only comes I suspect when you can digest that you actually have no control.

Have a good week everyone. For those struggling with feeling down in early sobriety, my experience is that things improve with time. It is worth riding it out just to see what happens.