Notices

rehabs?

Old 11-16-2004, 08:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

rehabs?

Any good rehabs in va, nc, sc that won't milk you dry. Need one suited for professionals, eg. physicians, not HIV street bums, heroin addicted pregnant teens, etc. Please help. ASAP!
Old 11-16-2004, 08:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Lisa

darlin, heroin pregnant teen or lawyer....somehow all wound up in the same place. And the teen wasn't nearly as educated, either.
Old 11-16-2004, 08:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ama

We all end up in the same gutter.....Humility is required for recovery!

I dont live around so no advice other that keep reading the posts and look up your nearest AA/NA meetings - get STARTED! And I wish the very very best for you - Luvs Ama
Old 11-16-2004, 11:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

rehabs

How far are you from knoxville tenn? Cornerstone of recovery..... Great place
Old 11-17-2004, 12:04 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jpc2505
darlin, heroin pregnant teen or lawyer....somehow all wound up in the same place. And the teen wasn't nearly as educated, either.
I gotta go with jpc on this one.This disease does not discriminate.Not everyone starts out in life as a street bum.A lawyer or any other professional can easily become an HIV addicted street bum too.But maybe you can try looking here.http://www.4therapy.com/centers/sout...rug-rehab.html Once this person gets out of rehab,a 12 step program is recommended.Recovery is a life long process.AA and Na meetings are annonymous.We have doctors,layers,cops,teachers,street people,and even pregnant teens at these meetings.I was in a rehab in Florida with a doctor addicted to drugs,a narcotics officer addicted to cocaine,and all types.Any way I wish you luck.Michael,recovering addict/former street bum.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

All I was saying is that certain recovery places are better suited to physicians and pharmacists. I think because they can write a RX for anything they want. It's just easier for them. Like a bartender who is a recovering alcoholic. Dangling the carrot.
Thanks for your comments. He's leaving this morning for one we found yesterday. They wont accept our insurance, but at least we have the chunk of cash required. Will me luck....
Thanks again, Sandy
Old 02-22-2006, 06:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

[FONT=Times New Roman]I'm sorry you concider yourself diffrent then the HIV street bum cause last time I checked we all had the problem. and That HIV street bum was once a professional with more power than you think.[/FONT]
Originally Posted by sandyr
Any good rehabs in va, nc, sc that won't milk you dry. Need one suited for professionals, eg. physicians, not HIV street bums, heroin addicted pregnant teens, etc. Please help. ASAP!