Notices

33 days - change is tough

Old 12-15-2018, 10:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

33 days - change is tough

Hey guys,

Still sober.. past a month. All the feelings and fears are coming back. Physically I feel good but mentally I am all over the place.

Got my sales job back and will be doing that for the foreseeable future it seems.

I am mourning my past life but I have to let it go if I have any chance of living a good life. I've mostly stayed at home the last month not doing much. I need to find some hobbies and make some new friends who are sober. Most people my age drink.

It's looking like it will be a pretty boring winter filled with work but I don't mind.. it's much better than the alternative.

Recovery is tough. Changing myself is hard work.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Congrats on your 33 days!! That is a great achievement

If you are not already doing so I would recommend some meditation so you can learn to let those negative feelings and fears just pass through your mind and not hold onto them. It's helped me a lot. x
Old 12-15-2018, 11:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 33..Ready to change,, just removing he substance will not make it. Replace your drinking/drug taking with attending recovery groups SMART online meetings and do something new each week. Meditation as Mantalady mentioned is a great calming and relaxing way to start your day or even finishing your day. I am now busier than when I drank 37 days ago. Connectivity is so important don't isolate yourself.. It makes it harder. there are so many apps why not check out the pink cloud app and find a meeting you don't even need to say a word. Keep going, you are doing well.
Old 12-15-2018, 11:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

i checked out the meeting list and found one.

will go out tonight and check it out.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you are here! IRL support has been crucial for me too. Keep going!!
Old 12-15-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes change is hard, but we can do hard things.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are right that changing is difficult and sometimes tedious, but you have a good attitude toward making things different. Your Winter doesn't have to be a dull experience, either. Already you are open to taking on some new things to fill that space, and you might find some tranquility in times of just being calm on your own as well. Kudos.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

20 days is a great start readyt0change

try not to future trip too much - things have a way of working out and falling into place.

I never could have dreamed of the sober life I have now, but it's perfect for me

D
Old 12-17-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's looking like it will be a pretty boring winter

It really doesn't matter what you think the winter will be like. That's the future, you haven't arrived there yet.

You need to live in "today." I'm sure you've heard the phrase "one day at a time". That's how you do this. Stay sober the remainder of today, work on your sobriety plan, whatever that is, and then go to bed without drinking.

Then tomorrow, do it again.