Notices

My mother is upset that I am developing liver failure

Old 12-15-2018, 05:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Bares repeating;
Poor me, poor me, pour me another drink.

Australia is not a third world country. If you proactively call and persist I'm sure you can get a scholarship to a rehab. If not you can certainly go to a hospital and be medically detoxed. It's up to you to do the WORK. Do you have a plan yet? Australia is not letting alcoholics and addicts who want help die in the streets. Particularly with documented liver failure. Enlist the help of the doctor who diagnosed you. There's an in!

​​​​Granted your life terms are not pleasant, but you are not alone in that. None of us are really special in our problems. It's not like everyone has a glorious life with smooth sailing and mine is the only life riddled with problems. Everyone has problems. Drinking only exacerbates them. Bottom line

My child has been out of my custody for a couple years now due to my drinking. My ex up and moved to a different time zone. I go MONTHS without seeing my child. Months. I have friends who have gone years...and our amends to our children is to not drink. And we live our lives. Happy ones! SOBER.
Many people have zero family any longer. It's
​​really a gift that your Mother is around and cares for you. The only way I deserve my childs attention & love is if I stop killing myself. If I stop being selfish and stop blaming everyone else and actually do a myriad of things to better myself!

I've noticed your MO is to pop in, drop drama, heed zero advice and people here continue to respond and support you. It's really only a matter of time before bridges are burnt and people recuse themselves from this in order to protect themselves. Rightly so. In all honesty it nauseates me how you continue to garner attention here...all the while doing nothing to recover. Harsh, yes. True, also yes.

Someone else said above that you can get a bottle but you can't get to an AA meeting? I couldn't agree more. The insanity of this will end when you end it. It is beyond time for you to be done with alcohol. You can do it but YOU have to do it.
I hope you do so as you seem like a great person when you are not putting alcohol in you.
It's time.
Jules
Old 12-15-2018, 06:02 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
On another note my 19 year old is still going to nightclub. I think she is just rebelling and dealing with a lot of pain. It only takes one second to spike a drink. She told my mother she only goes for the dancing which I do not believe. She still wants nothing to do with me eventhough following in my footsteps. Nothing I can do except pray.
sweeti what your 19 year old is doing is really nothing do with you. You have no contact. Praying is not enough. If you really want to make any difference get sober and show her a good example.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Nothing I can do except pray.
That's actually not true Sweeti, there is a lot more you can do. First of you can stop deflecting/avoiding the real problem ( you choosing to drink alcohol ) by coming up with all these other "reasons" do drink. Your daughters issues, you're exes, your mother, all the other drama you create in your mind - it's all secondary and unrelated to the real problem.

I know you don't want to hear it but at the end of the day every problem you have in your life basically revolves around one singe decision that only you can make. I hope you can find the resolve to do so one day.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:18 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

On another note my 19 year old is still going to nightclub. I think she is just rebelling and dealing with a lot of pain. It only takes one second to spike a drink. She told my mother she only goes for the dancing which I do not believe. She still wants nothing to do with me eventhough following in my footsteps. Nothing I can do except pray.
I really wish you could see what you are saying clearly and with a rational and responsible mind. You state you know your daughter is dealing with pain, yet you are not willing to do anything at all to stop some of that pain. She has a mother that is drinking herself to death, there is nothing she can do to help you and if you carry on she is going to have to deal with the death of her mother on top of this. Maybe that is why she doesn't want to get close to you? You are even using her birthday as an excuse to drink, how do you think that makes her feel?

At what point in this are you actually thinking about how she feels? It's all about you, how you feel and what you want and I never hear you being concerned about her feelings just your own. Before you get defensive I am not saying you don't care about her, but I don't see you looking at both sides of the story and then putting into action things that you could actually do to improve the situaton.

To say there is nothing you can do other than pray is an absolute cop out, I am sorry that sounds so harsh but there is no other way to say it. You could stop drinking and save your life so she doesn't have to worry about you every single day and live with the fear you are going to drink yourself to death.

I have to stop reading any more of your threads as like someone else has mentioned it's really upsetting seeing you do this to yourself over and over again. Nothing seems to stick in terms of advice, nothing ever changes. I am also only 6 months into my own recovery and still learning to deal with my emotional reactions to people, places and things which is hard and a daily struggle. I get upset and angry when I read your posts and in the words of the serenity prayer:

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

From the bottom of my heart I really hope that you get sober and create a better life for yourself and with more sober time under your belt that you can begin to build bridges with your daughters. Nothing I have said above is to be cruel or unkind or to be hurtful, I just hope that something someone says somewhere, someday sticks and you make a commitment that very moment to saving yourself. It can be done Sweetie and I hope you make better choices xx
Old 12-15-2018, 06:41 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sweeti, life is always going to come at you from different directions. Even those of us with longer term sobriety deal with painful and difficult circumstances all the time. But we don't pick up. Why? Because we take the actions necessary to stay sober and recover. All the wishing in the world isn't going to keep you from drinking. Even if your life was 100% perfect, the urge to drink would still be there. Until you make a decision to change and follow thru with the action required nothing will change for you. Recovery is a verb. Not a noun. Hugs to you.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:44 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

sweetichick...so sorry you are going through this. You have been given a lot of good advice so far although it may be hard for you to take it all in. I understand your mothers concern...of course she would be worried. The thing is if I am correct the liver can regenerate itself. It can heal itself! I think it may be the only organ that can do that (not sure maybe someone can correct me). That alone is a miracle in itself. I had a friend who had a fatty liver due to alcohol...she quit drinking and even after just 6 weeks her liver healed. You can do this....just keep thinking you are one day closer to a healthy liver. Best to you!
Old 12-15-2018, 04:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

how are you doing today sweetichick?

D
Old 12-15-2018, 05:14 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hi Dee. I slept in and are determined to remain sober whatever it takes.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

good day to stay indoors anyway

D
Old 12-15-2018, 07:00 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jules714 View Post
Bares repeating;
Poor me, poor me, pour me another drink.

Australia is not a third world country. If you proactively call and persist I'm sure you can get a scholarship to a rehab. If not you can certainly go to a hospital and be medically detoxed. It's up to you to do the WORK. Do you have a plan yet? Australia is not letting alcoholics and addicts who want help die in the streets. Particularly with documented liver failure. Enlist the help of the doctor who diagnosed you. There's an in!

​​​​Granted your life terms are not pleasant, but you are not alone in that. None of us are really special in our problems. It's not like everyone has a glorious life with smooth sailing and mine is the only life riddled with problems. Everyone has problems. Drinking only exacerbates them. Bottom line

My child has been out of my custody for a couple years now due to my drinking. My ex up and moved to a different time zone. I go MONTHS without seeing my child. Months. I have friends who have gone years...and our amends to our children is to not drink. And we live our lives. Happy ones! SOBER.
Many people have zero family any longer. It's
​​really a gift that your Mother is around and cares for you. The only way I deserve my childs attention & love is if I stop killing myself. If I stop being selfish and stop blaming everyone else and actually do a myriad of things to better myself!

I've noticed your MO is to pop in, drop drama, heed zero advice and people here continue to respond and support you. It's really only a matter of time before bridges are burnt and people recuse themselves from this in order to protect themselves. Rightly so. In all honesty it nauseates me how you continue to garner attention here...all the while doing nothing to recover. Harsh, yes. True, also yes.

Someone else said above that you can get a bottle but you can't get to an AA meeting? I couldn't agree more. The insanity of this will end when you end it. It is beyond time for you to be done with alcohol. You can do it but YOU have to do it.
I hope you do so as you seem like a great person when you are not putting alcohol in you.
It's time.
Jules
I don't have documented liver failure. I am just developing it. I am not on here for drama just someone to get advice from. I haven't seen or heard from my kids in 5 years. I don't even know where they live. I am already on the detox waiting list. I can't see your point as really you don't have one besides shooting the wounded.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:46 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I am not on here for drama just someone to get advice from. .
And you are getting a lot of it - very good advice at that. You've been here long enough to know that you will also get some advice that you may not agree with - and that it's perfectly acceptable to use the ignore function or just not read posts from those users.

I'm glad you are making a renewed effort to stay sober today - do you have any ideas about what you might do to make today different than the other times you've tried to quit?
Old 12-15-2018, 07:56 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sweetichick everyone here really is trying to help

Sometimes people here get frustrated - just like I know you're frustrated too.

Some others are very worried for you and think that speaking bluntly might get through to you and help you make a change.

You have to expect both things on a forum like this.

It's better than them not caring.

If someone repeatedly upsets you you can put them on ignore.

I removed a few posts - if everyone can't remain constructive and civil - including you Sweetichick - then I'll have to close the thread.

Dee
SR
Old 12-15-2018, 08:31 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thread closed by request of OP.

D