Notices

Not coping

Old 12-16-2018, 04:23 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I cant add much to what was already said about your drinking. You already know that it wasn’t worth the withdrawal.

Regarding your boss, practice what you’ll say before you speak with him to help you remain level headed. Your honesty speaks for itself, and your dental receipt should be proof enough. It’s not as if you asked for a toothache.

Good luck
Old 12-17-2018, 03:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Pleased to say today went relatively OK and all of the anxious worrying was for nothing.

Squashed the urge and the ugly voice in my head telling me 'just a few drinks' wouldn't hurt tonight as I'm not at work tomorrow. That voice is not going to defeat me and push the memory out of my head of me just a few days ago in the utter state I was in. I won't let it win again. So I'm just sitting here sipping my water after eating a nice big slice of cake.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

One good decision can lead to another, and cake with water is a better choice. I'm glad that things went okay with you at work, I've been in that terror situation like you and it's hell, so remember that but do additional work to continue your abstinence and long-term recovery. It's way too easy to be complacent and let the poor habits come back to bite you and lead to ever increasing consequences. Make your day off count.
Old 12-17-2018, 06:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Many times our worries are bigger than our troubles...remember this time. Eat your cake and be sure to brush your teeth afterward!