Notices

Alcohol in your home

Old 12-16-2018, 02:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'm proud of and for you too!

It was difficult for me in early sobriety to believe and act on the fact that I deserved to be respected as far as my choices to do whatever it took to remain sober. Like many, I had done so much not to deserve confidence or support for my choices. Thankfully, more than thankfully, my parents were desperate that I stop and that's who I spent most of my time with for those 90-100 days.

Keep going with your GREAT thinking and staying around with us - you can do this.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:01 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Kikki. How are you doing today?
I love Sunflowers idea
I think my situation is a bit different from others here. I am an alcoholic but my husband is a normie. We do have all kinds of alcohol in our home. But it’s rarely drank, or drank to excess. I got rid of my heavy drinking friends which were his heavy drinking friends too. The people we have in our lives now either don’t drink at all or are very normie. I have a couple girlfriends I think have a problem, but I don’t buy alcohol for them. And I don’t offer it when they come over. Maybe this is all a bit odd. I don’t know. But I know longer feel any temptation having alcohol in my house. Interestingly, in the very early recovery days for me, my husband got rid of all the alcohol and dint drink at all around me. I just went out and bought it when I relapsed.
I think if I were to relapse now, which a i know I’m not going to, I’d be inclined to still go out and buy my own rather than drink something right here in the house.

I’m sure ai must sound like a crazy person!

Anyway, stay strong. You can do this!
Old 12-17-2018, 07:25 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My husband drinks so there has been alcohol in my home since I quit 10 months ago. Now it doesn't bother me although it did initially. Every once in a while, I will see his glass of wine and think about taking a swig but when I'm good, I'm great and when I'm bad, I'm terrible which basically means there is no such thing as one swig for me. As long as I abstain, I'm fine. I also find that being around people who have had too much to drink is very irritating. Maybe you can spend your time in another area of the house. Good time to hide out somewhere.
Old 12-18-2018, 02:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That makes me upset

I have always respected my company. A little nice gesture of gratitude would have been nice. I apologize you had to hear that feedback. Non alcoholics don’t understand what a uphill battle it can be. Find your wisdom and keep on the fight of a better you. Holidays suck but they come and go. Keep a positive outlook is all we can do to survive sometimes. 😊