Notices

Weekender 14-17 December 2018

Old 12-16-2018, 01:11 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SnazzyDresser View Post
Hi, Mariesober. It's Sunday morning here in Texas as well. You know I meditate at least 60 minutes a day now, vipassana meditation they call it. Really has helped me smooth out some of the wrinkles of my anxious nature. About the last thing I thought I'd ever be doing, meditating and reading about Buddhism, but life has a lot of strange twists and turns waiting for us. A lot better trip when we're sober, that's for sure!
wow an hour a day is great! I wish I had a free hour to relax on my own! I’m a beauty and massage therapist so I need to be relaxed and focused so I can heal my clients. I feel meditation is really going to help me with my terrible anxiety 🧘*♀️
Old 12-16-2018, 02:32 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Snazzy, an hour of meditation a day is great! I did a meditation weekend workshop a while back but haven’t maintained a daily meditation practice. I really do need to get back to it.

Zoeydog your avatar Zoey is adorable ❤️

Monday morning here, have a good night/day everyone
Old 12-16-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Sunday, all.

Another sober weekend almost in the books.

Love to all.
Old 12-16-2018, 03:03 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes Vman

D
Old 12-16-2018, 03:21 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I’ll be praying for tomorrow, Vinny. You’ll do great.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:48 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

support to you VM
Old 12-16-2018, 07:05 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post
Goodnight, Vinny.

Best of luck with the rehab thing tomorrow.

Dragon - How's your daughter doing?
Yes, best of luck Vinny, we'll be thinking about you.

Daughter seem to be doing well, (she hasn't self harmed at least). The group session last Monday seems to have carried her thru. She's been journaling things that she would like to share with group tommorow evening.

She ventured out to the local mall on Friday afternoon and hung out in the food court for a change of scenery and did some drawing. Later that evening tho, she came out food shoping with us and began to have a bit of a panic attack so we went back out to the car.

Today we went thrift store shopping. we had a blast looking at the ugly Christmas sweaters. She bought one with Santa using a chimny as a toilet. I bought a hawaiian shirt.

Tomorrow she meets with a new psychologist. Mrs. Dragon will be taking her. Naturaly I'm hoping for the best.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:19 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Is it really Monday morning already? Still, in the days when I drank myself sensless Monday mornings were a lot more hellish. It must be said too that the run-up to Christmas is a quiet time for me at work which gives me the opportunity annoy my co-workers which is always something to look forward to.

Good luck VMan and daughter Dragon.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:24 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
saoutchik

London 6.00am (my part of it anyway)

My camera makes it look a lot lighter than it is to the naked eye.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20181217_062552.jpg (27.0 KB, 42 views)
Old 12-16-2018, 10:40 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes for Miss Dragon Dragon

D
Old 12-16-2018, 11:27 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

support STD
Old 12-17-2018, 12:49 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
sober style

You're the man, Vman. All the best to you. The world needs a Vman who's fit as a fiddle!

Originally Posted by Mariesober View Post

wow an hour a day is great! I wish I had a free hour to relax on my own! I’m a beauty and massage therapist so I need to be relaxed and focused so I can heal my clients. I feel meditation is really going to help me with my terrible anxiety ��*♀️
It's sure helped mine, really a sea change in how I process the world. I was sober a full year before I started meditating in February 2018, but this makes it so better. The Dan Harris book 10% Happier started it for me, I'd just do a couple of minutes to start, just feeling my breath in and out, keeping my mind on that. I was really skeptical that this could possibly help at all, boy was I wrong.

Sounds like you have a cool job. The old SNL character Fernando used to say it's better to look good than to feel good, but I say why not both!
Old 12-17-2018, 02:54 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Another sober weekend under my belt. Saturday was the big Santa visit with my kids. It was fun but loud, so later in the afternoon I was a bit anxious, a time normally I'd crack a bottle. Instead we went for pizza and after a bit of food I was very relaxed. I am learning that if I feel anxious or on edge eating something and a big glass of water usually kills it straight away. Giving the food 10-15 mins to kick in is key to get the blood sugar levels up again I think.
This week I have to get the rest of my Christmas gifts bought. The prep for cooking during the holiday period. Not too stressful but I will need to plan well.
Plannig a sober rest of the year with a new sober year to look forward to!
Old 12-17-2018, 03:58 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Way to go Phil! And a great start to the week too, something positive on what is otherwise the low point of my week. The infamous Monday Mornings! Oh well, it’s a stepping stone to Friday

Glad you’re getting on well Phil.
Old 12-17-2018, 04:01 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Last week of work, the plant and offices shutdown all next week, tho I am planning a full day in the office, just me.

https://youtu.be/hXydX9p_ZxA
Old 12-17-2018, 04:42 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Another sober weekend in the books here too. All's quiet.

Thoughts and prayers are with you, Vman.

May little dragon find some peace.

Good job, Phil. Food helped me more times than I could count in early days. Still does!
Old 12-17-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Good afternoon, weekenders.

Vinny - Let us know how you are doing if it's an option at the facility.

Dragon - Quite a sweater choice your daughter made.

I had quick call with my therapist earlier to sort some logistics out. She asked me how I am doing. When I gave my brief version she answered: "You don't need so much suffering in your life".

True.
Old 12-17-2018, 05:38 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

MB, I hope someday you'll get tired of the suffering and put it down.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:02 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Good Monday morning, everyone. Sober weekend number 208 (approximately) under my belt. It never gets old. Spent more time than I wanted to in a bar yesterday, because I wanted to watch the Packers play football, and the game was not on "regular" TV, because the Minnesota Vikings just across the river were playing at the same time, and we are in their TV market. So we had to go someplace with paid access, and in my town, that means a bar. It was OK, but it was loud and people got a bit obnoxious. When I have to spend time in bars now, it's a good reminder that I don't want to be one of the people I saw yesterday. Undoubtedly, many of them are feeling horrible today. No thanks. I got a good night's sleep, and I can face Monday clear-headed. That is not to say I'm thrilled that it's Monday!

Bim - that Jason Mraz song is one of my favorites. It used to make me cry, when my boyfriend/best friend and I went through a long time of struggling (mostly because of my drinking). I wanted him to feel that way about me. We have been together on some level for about 9 years now - sometimes as friends, sometimes more (and a few times when we were barely connected). I can say now that we are doing well. Best friends again, finding our way together. Our relationship doesn't fit neatly into any category, and that's just the way I like it for now.

VMan - I hope rehab goes well for you, check in if you can.
Dragon - it sounds like your daughter is getting some good help - I hope she continues to do well.
MB - your therapist is right - you don't deserve so much suffering. I hope you can move beyond it.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:11 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Vman, sending lots of love and many positive thoughts your way.

Please be in touch when you are able.

Dragon, hope all goes well with the new psychologist and that it is a very good fit.

(((MidnightBlue)): I hope that a release of sadness is in your very near future.

MLD, sober weekend 208 - well done!

A very Happy Monday to all.