Notices

just wondering

Old 12-14-2018, 02:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed. The holidays can have that effect.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I'm sorry you're feeling overwhelmed. The holidays can have that effect.
I'm sure the holidays have something to do with it, but it's mainly all the appointments I've had to deal with. Been going on for around six months now. It's a doctor's appointment, a dentist appointment or an appointment with my opthamologist for my cataract surgery. Just doesn't end. Next week it's another trip to the dentist and than an appointment, another doctor's appointment for a check up to make sure I am fit enough for the surgery than meet with the medical team that will perform the surgery on my prostrate next month. And I won't even go into the post op stuff that I will have to deal with for the two weeks after the surgery. Now I sound like I am complaining, which I probably am, and feeling sorry for myself, which I probably am. But right now, I don't care. John
Old 12-14-2018, 03:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

You can do this. Your stronger than you know keep voicing your thoughts here so they don't bottle up in your head. We're here to listen not judge. Prayers.
Old 12-14-2018, 04:02 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry John I know it can get wearying always being at some appointment or other. Its no fun getting old.

I have found you have to rise above that tho - try to find some happiness and peace in those days you're not being examined poked and prodded...and above all stay sober

Its impossible to keep the right perspective when you're flooding your brain with booze.

D
Old 12-14-2018, 04:29 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Just like with sobriety...take it one day/appointment at a time. Makes 'things' way more managable.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

So glad you opened up more about what's
going on in your life John. With each appointment
you've completed then that will be a huge
accomplishment. A sense of relief.

My husband usually has all his doctors appointments
at the first half of the yr. and it has been crazy,
tiring, stressful. Especially if he has any kind of
surgery for his back.

I thank God im healthy and can be there for
him for support and driving, even tho I dont
like driving.

Im not sure where you are in your sobriety
and would like to hear where you are with it
if you dont mind sharing John?

Prostate, dentist, back and heart surgeries,
my husband has been thru it. Me, hip replacement
a few or so yrs back and both of us have survived
and living a better quality of life.

I'll tell you that it does take work on our parts
to get where we are today because it doesn't
come easy.

Sobriety, Faith, Support of SR, willingness,
honesty with ourselves and others, it all has
to work together to achieve a healthy, happy
quality of life.

And....you never have to get there alone
or by yourself.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:51 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

John I know exactly how you feel. I suffer from bipolar disorder and some days atr downright trash. I have had very negative feedback on this forum as well though not recently. Please keep coming back and sharing your thoughts. You can pm me if you like. I get overwhelmed as well.
Old 12-15-2018, 04:55 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
sometimes when I have a lot going on I get pretty quiet cause sometimes when I tell people what's going on they just say quit complaint or quit feeling sorry for yourself. There is probably some truth to both points by neither one really helps much and sometimes just makes things worse so l usually withdraw for a while until I sort everything out. But even when I get quiet its still nice to know people still remember me.
Glad you asked.....even more glad to get this more substantive answer. FINE has an upt use as an acronym with two meanings- but I've found a bad way to answer questions about my recovery, and life when I am being real.

Personally, I had to find that telling people what was going on was better for me - and hopefully others who care like those of us here for you -would be supportive. Not backhandedly asking - I say that gently, and hope you will keep talking to us.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:47 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
I'm sure the holidays have something to do with it, but it's mainly all the appointments I've had to deal with. Been going on for around six months now. It's a doctor's appointment, a dentist appointment or an appointment with my opthamologist for my cataract surgery. Just doesn't end. Next week it's another trip to the dentist and than an appointment, another doctor's appointment for a check up to make sure I am fit enough for the surgery than meet with the medical team that will perform the surgery on my prostrate next month. And I won't even go into the post op stuff that I will have to deal with for the two weeks after the surgery. Now I sound like I am complaining, which I probably am, and feeling sorry for myself, which I probably am. But right now, I don't care. John
Hi John. You certainly have a lot on your plate and all the different medical appointments, procedures, and treatments can definitely take a toll on you. IME, I have found that taking medical issues one day at a time is helpful. Western medicine stinks in that you have to wait so long for anything and are left to think and worry about all the next steps.

But the the good news is that you are taking care of yourself and following your doctors advise. The payout in the long run will be worth the suffering today.

Hang in there.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

How is your day going 2muchpain?

Not much going on here for us. We decided
to stay inside where it is warm and dry. Kind
of a dreary, fuzzy rain kinda day. Not freezing
but with the clouds and overcast, it feel too
nippy to be outside.

Got my hot cup of tea and watching Wild Alaska
I have taped. Oh well.....

How are you feeling if u'd like to share?
Old 12-15-2018, 01:50 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aasharon90 View Post
How is your day going 2muchpain?

Not much going on here for us. We decided
to stay inside where it is warm and dry. Kind
of a dreary, fuzzy rain kinda day. Not freezing
but with the clouds and overcast, it feel too
nippy to be outside.

Got my hot cup of tea and watching Wild Alaska
I have taped. Oh well.....

How are you feeling if u'd like to share?
Thanks for asking. Actually I'm feeling pretty good. I think sharing here on SR really helps a lot. Dee made a good point when he mentioned how stuff just happens as you get older. Because I work out so much and am in pretty good shape, I forget how old I am. LOL Have not had to deal with any age related problems till now. Both the cataract surgery and upcoming prostrate surgery are due to my age. I might feel like I'm in my 40's but I'm not and just have to accept that. The good news is the doctor that is going to perform the prostrate surgery said that the operation should go well and I should recover quickly due to being in good shape. It might be the case if I was overweight or had other health problems, so my obsession with my workouts might be paying off in a way I wasn't expecting.
Hope you enjoy your tea and Wild Alaska. Pretty rainy here also, but beats when I lived in Minnesota! Take care. John
Old 12-15-2018, 02:58 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

You'll probably outlast me John
Make it a happy long life

D
Old 12-16-2018, 02:33 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

John, I smiled with compassion and a tiny bit of my learning about the future, and then you talked about the 40s and now. My precious Godfather is healthy and active like you - and the one between him and my non-exercising, eat whatever precious Godmother - who is facing the serious health stuff. He has a tough time accepting that too! As someone in my early 40s who is having only a small bit, yet painful for me, reminder of where I am in this life process, it's too easy to also look ahead and know that stuff is coming.....

Glad you are talking with us! Have a good day (when you wake up on your time ) !
Old 12-16-2018, 10:25 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
You'll probably outlast me John
Make it a happy long life

D
Right back at ya Dee. John
Old 12-16-2018, 12:35 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Glad to see your update John.
Best wishes to you.
Old 12-16-2018, 04:51 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

John, yes, I have wondered!

I know you have a lot going on.

Please stay strong and know this will pass. Sometimes we go through long phases of sadness and bad life circumstances. This all passes though eventually.

It is ok to express all of your thoughts here even if they are complaints and you feel sorry for yourself. We all do that sometimes.
What can you do to show yourself some compassion and kindness?
Don’t isolate yourself!
Old 12-16-2018, 05:59 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I've really enjoyed reading this post John and I'm glad that I read through the responses and it has been a good reminder for me about the importance of reaching out and touching base....and that life does get busy and has ups and downs...and that it will be ok.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:14 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Never expected all these responses. Thanks. John
Old 12-16-2018, 06:21 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Thinking of you and sending you peace of mind.
Old 12-17-2018, 01:12 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Actually, I was thinking how lucky I am that I don't have a regular full time job. With all the appointments I've had and two more next week, most bosses probably would probably be getting pretty upset with me by now. Would of taken time off this Friday and next Thursday and Friday. John