Notices

New/not new

Old 12-12-2018, 12:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New/not new

Hello again. I was a member here years ago, but I can't remember my old info. Probably best to start fresh. I'm up late with heart palps and brain squirrels. Tapering. Not really sure what else to say atm. I'll get through it, the first part. I need some support, am also happy to lend it where I can. Thx
(glad to be here)
Old 12-12-2018, 12:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

^^^ I should add- when I left here, I'd been sober for awhile and on my way to having my first/only baby. Had no trouble until a traumatic birth, postnatal depression, and autoimmune disease took over. Picked up when my son was 6 months. He is almost 4 now and I'm just getting the mental health treatment I need. I've managed to keep the wheels on, but I know I'm getting wobbly and I know where this always goes. I gotta get back on track! I have been making a lot of improvements and I have SO MUCH to be grateful for, but the drinking is getting in my way. I need to fix this- hope like hell I can get it right.
Old 12-12-2018, 01:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

Hi Blip- glad you are back with us! Those are serious problems you mention and it’s great you are seeking help for that. Does that include meds? We drink to self-medicate - our bodies need it - but a good healthcare provider should be guiding you with alternatives as opposed to just telling you to taper off. Also if you can find a meeting - especially a women’s meeting - you will find women in exactly the same situation who can offer help and support. I have been to meetings where ppl bring their young children and everyone is cool with it. Sometimes getting sober takes a village too and you just might make a friend or two.
Good luck - keep coming to SR!
Old 12-12-2018, 02:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back blip
How long are you planning to taper?
D
Old 12-12-2018, 04:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Thanks so much for your responses. I managed to carve out a little sleep last night.
@ vini thank you for your suggestions. It's pretty hard to go it alone and I'll see what I can find in my area.

@ Dee So nice to see a familiar face!! Thank you for the response. Great question. I don't plan to continue tapering any further. If I get neuro symptoms, or anything odd, I plan to seek medical treatment.

I've had quitting in mind for quite a while. This is my first attempt since my last stretch of with a couple of years sober.
I had a medical detox at that time. Not anywhere near that level with my intake atm, so I'm hopeful I can manage without it. But definitely aware/concerned/vigilant of withdrawal issue. I just really want/need to be home with my LO. But, I'll do what I must to be safe if it comes down to it.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Smile It's ME. I remembered my old handle.

Hi everybody. I created the Blip account because I couldn't remember my Everysnglenight handle.
But, hey...it's me.. again.
Hope to run into old friends.
<3
Old 12-12-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back, Blip! It's good to see you.

I'm glad to hear you are ending tapering and stopping all alcohol. We are here for you.
Old 12-12-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Anna! Blip is me. I just couldn't for the life of me remember my old username.
So good to see you too!
Old 12-12-2018, 07:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back to the member formerly known as EverySngleNight, then Blip then EverySngleNight again! I am rooting for you.

With a name like that it’s no wonder you could at first not remember your log-on credentials!
Old 12-12-2018, 07:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you! I probably should've chosen something more simplistic.