Notices

Squirrelly

Old 12-10-2018, 11:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Squirrelly

33 days and I just feel a bit squirrelly today. Not necessarily like I’m craving a drink (although I am finding myself telling AV to shut up) but more like just a little uneasy or anxious. I have felt fanatastic for at least a week so I’m. It sure what this is all about. Restless is a good description.

Is the infamous pink cloud fading?
Old 12-10-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Pink cloud means diff stuff to different people- and IME and from listening to others restlessness like you describe def comes up! Great job in 33 days- what are you doing to counter cravings or feelings of dis-ease, if you will?
Old 12-10-2018, 11:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

To counter cravings, I’m “playing the tape all the way through”, thinking about everything good that I have to lose, reminding myself how much easier my life is sober, and just questioning why I would ever want to screw up want feels so good right now. Thing is... it just doesn’t feel as great as it did yesterday. LOL ... not sure how to explain it. I think I’m just restless and maybe lonely today. I took the day off to do stuff at the house and haven’t really gotten much accomplished. Just kinda blah today. I know... poor me, right? Guess I need to just take it for what it is today.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What you said makes sense to me! I have had a very difficult past week and felt very fragile. Not gong to drink but emotional upheaval. Accepting each day- sometimes shorter increments!- can be a challenge but does make me feel better more quickly. Hang in there. And keep playing that tape through 😉
Old 12-10-2018, 11:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have days or periods where I, too, just feel unsettled of where I stand on absolutely anything that I happen to choose to worry about.

It can result in anxiety, inertia in the face of doing things, the desire to take a nap, sadness, or just the "blahs". I sometimes just have to accept it as a temporary response to feelings I'm having in recovery. Other times I am able to find something else that will distract me into the troublesome experience going away.

I'd much rather deal with this type of discomfort than anything that I have known in the past following drinking. I have things I am grateful for today. Reading SR posts remind me of what I'm NOT going through, and I will share in any one of the forums for continuing sobriety how I'm feeling to get it off my chest.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

“I'd much rather deal with this type of discomfort than anything that I have known in the past following drinking.”

excellent point!!! I just need to ride this out and be grateful I’m not dealing with the results of a blackout night. Wow... that’s good perspective. Thank you!
Old 12-10-2018, 03:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, thank you Guener!
Old 12-10-2018, 03:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Everyone has ups and downs but they can seem more significant in early recovery.

I hope tomorrow is a better day serenitynowplz

D