SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   First time posting here (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/434638-first-time-posting-here.html)

Cryfreedom 12-08-2018 07:55 AM

First time posting here

Hi, this is my first post here.
I am on day 69 and doing it by reading posts on sites like this. I dont think AA or anything like that is for me. So far all is going really well, my strategy when I get the urge to drink is to tell myself that I will have one tomorrow but tomorrow never gets here. I was never an every day drinker but 3 or 4 times a week, I am the type who has 1 drink then I have to finish all of the alcohol that is around then go buy some more and just keep drinking till there is none left. When im told one drink wont hurt, go on just have one, I know how wrong that statement is as one will lead to however many it takes till I am ......... well im sure everyone on here knows how that ends.
Today was a big trigger point for me, I was wrapping my christmas gifts and have always had a bottle of wine, or a few beers when doing this, today my drink of choice was coffee black 1 sugar.
Still a boring job though lol. I will sign off for now and hopefully post again soon.

least 12-08-2018 08:29 AM

Welcome to the family and congrats on over 3 months sober! :hug:

Zebra1275 12-08-2018 08:30 AM

Welcome to SR!

gettingsmarter 12-08-2018 08:39 AM

Welcome!

Finalround 12-08-2018 08:40 AM

Welcome. I and many can completely relate to the just one scenario.

I remind myself often of those times I would stop for "A" drink. Telling my son (home alone) I'd be home in an hour. You can guess what that hour turned into.

Now, I'm home more. Myself and my family are my priority. When I think of having "a drink", I only see the real outcome. But, I must remind myself every day. I cannot lax for a second. Alcohol is the enemy of my happiness and freedom.

Congrats on your 69 days. I am at 72 days and your post sounded very similar to me.

MantaLady 12-08-2018 09:35 AM

Welcome Cryfreedom! Great place with some wise and caring people here to support you through the up’s and downs of sobriety. Glad you found us and hope to read more of your posts! cx

DriGuy 12-08-2018 09:42 AM

Congratulations on your 69 days. Your personal philosophy sounds right on to me.

Anna 12-08-2018 10:21 AM

I'm glad that you're doing well.

D122y 12-08-2018 11:32 AM

Cry,

I didn't really start losing my mind until about 90 days to 8 months sober. That is when a different struggle ramped up.

When I want to drink I remember the buzz is short and the negatives are long to forever.

There are better, natural, ways to get high without using mind altering drugs.

I love black coffee too. That bitter has a nice edge plus the caffeine and anti oxidants.

Thanks.

Dee74 12-08-2018 03:55 PM

Welcome to SR cryfreedom :)

D