Notices

30+ days

Old 12-08-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

30+ days

yesterday marked 30 days for me. I woke up that morning excited and proud of the small milestone and then found myself so crazy busy that I didn’t even think about it again until last night. And It just hit me.... 30 days without putting poison into my body... poison that consistently reeked havoc on my relationships and my own psyche. Why oh why would I ever do that to myself again?

Relationships... just how long before my husband actually trusts me again? I can see that he’s trying (sometimes) to be loving but he is still quite tentative and a bit avoidant. Someone once told me it took her husband a year to trust her again. It’s understandable, but it sucks. I considered trying to approach it from the perspective of “I know it’s hard for you to trust me when you’ve seen me quit before just to end up a dangerous and disgusting binge drinker again but if I had your love and support I would have a helluva better chance of pulling it off this time bc I love you so much and you mean so much to me.” think I’ve decided to show through action of not drinking rather than have that conversation.

So here’s to 30 more and doing whatever it takes to get there. Yoga Nidre meditation is really helping me get back in touch with that unbroken and unbreakable place inside myself that I’ll call my soul. I try to take myself back there when I need to ride out any thoughts of drinking.

Happy day day to all.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"poison that consistently reeked havoc on my relationships and my own psyche."

Not to mention your body! Alcohol is so terrible for your body.

Congratulations on hitting that milestone.

Trust can take a long time to rebuild for some. I think you are in the right mindset by using your actions over your words. That said, it might be worth telling him some version of what you wrote when the time is right (ie, don't spring it out of nowhere, bring it up when you're both in a good mood and enjoying each other's company).

Yoga Nidre meditation sounds interesting. I am definitely going to check it out.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days! That's a big milestone.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulation serenitynowplz
I hope, and think, the next 30 days will be even better

D
Old 12-08-2018, 11:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My prayers and support to you.