Notices

Help!

Old 12-07-2018, 02:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help!

I've been binge drinking. Im scared...please help me to not pick up today. The anxiety is becoming unbearable. I need to get the desire back to stay sober. My son will be coming home from college in about 2 weeks and Im so scared he will see me drinking...so so scared
Old 12-07-2018, 03:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

I know your fear. Put a plan in place reach out. Sending hugs and positive thoughts it’s a hard road to travel but we can get recovery lee on trying
Old 12-07-2018, 03:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Mistory

Your cry-out for help really got to me. But you know, as impossible as it seems right now, you CAN turn this all around. Start by not buying, getting rid of what is in the house, and not drinking.

Start with trying to hold out for an hour. In that hour -eat !!, hydrate !! get out or get busy,go for a walk, wash your hair and blowdry it , do your nails, read posts on SR.

Then another hour, and another, and before you know it day 1 will have passed and it will be time for bed. That's what I did the first day. And the second, third etc. You will have to have willpower, you must WANT TO not be in the clutches of alcohol so badly that you will do anything not to drink.

If you start now, you will be well into your second week when your son comes home. This CAN be done. You can do this . You really can . Lots of luck and hugs.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ayers View Post
Hi Mistory

Your cry-out for help really got to me. But you know, as impossible as it seems right now, you CAN turn this all around. Start by not buying, getting rid of what is in the house, and not drinking.

Start with trying to hold out for an hour. In that hour -eat !!, hydrate !! get out or get busy,go for a walk, wash your hair and blowdry it , do your nails, read posts on SR.

Then another hour, and another, and before you know it day 1 will have passed and it will be time for bed. That's what I did the first day. And the second, third etc. You will have to have willpower, you must WANT TO not be in the clutches of alcohol so badly that you will do anything not to drink.

If you start now, you will be well into your second week when your son comes home. This CAN be done. You can do this . You really can . Lots of luck and hugs.
ty...your comment sounds so strong...I mean that in a good way . When I read it I was like...yeah, yeah, yeah maybe I can do this. Thank God I don't have alcohol in the house. My goal is to go to video AA meeting in an hour an open my mouth and share what is going on. I really have a hard time with that whether its online or face 2 face meetings.
Old 12-07-2018, 04:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ty for the support

Originally Posted by eve123 View Post
I know your fear. Put a plan in place reach out. Sending hugs and positive thoughts it’s a hard road to travel but we can get recovery lee on trying
ty for your support. Yes its it's hard but drinking is extremely hard on my life
Old 12-07-2018, 07:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Just remember, drinking will only make the anxiety worse once you stop. And you'll have to stop at some point, so why not now?
I went through what you're going through hundreds of times. Literally.
The remorse, guilt, shame and anxiety of how could I have failed again??
Remember, you never have to drink or feel this way again. All you have to do is not take that first drink.
Best to you.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:22 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ghostlight1 View Post
Just remember, drinking will only make the anxiety worse once you stop. And you'll have to stop at some point, so why not now?
I went through what you're going through hundreds of times. Literally.
The remorse, guilt, shame and anxiety of how could I have failed again??
Remember, you never have to drink or feel this way again. All you have to do is not take that first drink.
Best to you.
Ty. I know you're %100 right! Thats the problem, I don't know why i don't understand that I can not be satisfied with a couple drinks....never works out that way.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was the same way, believe me. I don't think I've ever had a couple of drinks in my life!
No, it never worked out that way for me. It's all in or nothing (recovering)
If it never works out that way, just don't take that first drink. That's the one that almost killed me.
Moderation isn't in my vocabulary. Well, I just used it but you know what I mean,
I really hope you can stay sober. Do it for yourself and your son.
I hate to see someone suffer, so I'm rooting for you. Hang in there.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ghostlight1 View Post
I was the same way, believe me. I don't think I've ever had a couple of drinks in my life!
No, it never worked out that way for me. It's all in or nothing (recovering)
If it never works out that way, just don't take that first drink. That's the one that almost killed me.
Moderation isn't in my vocabulary. Well, I just used it but you know what I mean,
I really hope you can stay sober. Do it for yourself and your son.
I hate to see someone suffer, so I'm rooting for you. Hang in there.
Bigtime thanks Im sending you!
Old 12-07-2018, 06:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It's not hopeless. As long as you're still breathing, there is hope.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:51 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can do this! I, too, understand and remember the fear you feel, but know for sure you can get past this.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mistory5 View Post
I've been binge drinking. Im scared...please help me to not pick up today. The anxiety is becoming unbearable. I need to get the desire back to stay sober. My son will be coming home from college in about 2 weeks and Im so scared he will see me drinking...so so scared
Hi Mistory. I have felt that fear, I get it. The ability to stop lies within you. If it were easy you wouldnt be an addict. Early sobriety is tough and unfortunately to see yourself through to the other side you need to push throught it. You CAN do it. It begins with you making that firm decision and seeing it through. No need to be scared if you decide you are done.
Hoping you decide to go for the sober life - it is so so much better on this side.
Old 12-07-2018, 09:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Drinking increases anxiety
It really makes it much worse
Stay strong
Blessings
Old 12-07-2018, 09:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't know why i don't understand that I can not be satisfied with a couple drinks....never works out that way.

I didn't understand why either - but once I accepted it, the angst stopped
Life without booze is way better than the life I had drinking

D