Notices

Weekender Thread 7th -10th December2018

Old 12-08-2018, 08:10 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I'm kinda wondering what Mesa did to get a clean mind?

I've never heard that term before.

I would like a clean mind, but I suspect that's a pipe dream.

Manta, good job.

Everyone else... good job!

I just had a huge breakfast and now I'm soooo content.

Sober Saturday morning never gets old.

If you're struggling, just jump in and talk about it. It helps to clear out the cobwebs and let stuff gooooo.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:10 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Sorry for your struggles Dragon, will keep you and your daughter in my prayers xx
Old 12-08-2018, 08:26 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
So sorry to hear about your daughter, Dragon. I wish I could offer some words of wisdom. Hugs to you.

Sao - I enjoyed Bridge 4 immensely. Saga is incredible as always. As the last scene is a masterpiece.

I had a great session again. I wish I could bottle this after-session effect up and inject when needed.
Old 12-08-2018, 10:36 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Mr

Dragon I hope everything will be ok with your daughter. Prayers and thoughts for you and your family.

Manta get that needed and well deserved rest.

Salutations to all the gang

MB : bottle up the after workout feeling and inject when needed. Funny thing to write on an addiction forum. You know i am not taking the **** but its exactly the consumption life in which we live. We are made to get addictet to every new gadget or health class or website or social network or whatever it is thats out there... The thing is the self control and self authority isnt it. You know I have the utmost respect for you. I am no one to give you a lesson but maybe do you need "boredom management classes" Ok meditation is already a step to achieving that but maybe you have to go further. I know I do. I hope i didnt sound condescending. Bisous V.
Old 12-08-2018, 11:08 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Thank you, Vinny.

Injecting, probably, wasn't the best metaphor.

Rather "invoking the productive emotional state on demand" - the state when I am not drowning in self-beating and rabbit hole of past pain and memories which claim their rights to hijack my brain space just because they occupied some physical room in my past.

It's interesting about boredom.

I think there is a confusion between boredom (which is not the very nice place to find myself in) and deliberate emptiness of the mind when all the external noise is shut down and I can hear the silence.

I don't remember the exact quote of Robert Green but the paraphrase will be something like that:

"...you can learn to love this internal resistance. You find a kind of perverse pleasure in experiencing internal conflict and sitting with it, in moving past the pain this might bring.”

I like this concept.

Taming the internal conflict instead of using popular means of distraction to relief the tension.

Well, enough of philosophy for tonight)
Old 12-08-2018, 11:42 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

MB, I joined the gym next door to my new job and there is also one where I live that the membership covers so might be tapping you up for a bit of workout advice! I have had over 30 memberships to gyms and at least 50% I only ever went in to sign up and never actually went for a workout haha! But I really need to make he effort this time as I think that exercising everyday (weather is to bad here to go walking) is going to help with the tiredness I am feeling and will keep my mind healthier too. I am meal prepping today and tomorrow so I have food on me during the workday that is healthy and it’s less work everyday to make the food as it will be prepped and ready in the fridge as much as I am able. There are some cabinets at work I can use to lock away stuff and not have to drag my things back and forth from home. So, i’ll leave my gym bag at work, tea and coffee and my own mug etc which will help giving me less things to worry about everyday remembering to take it with me.

I really underestimated how much this week was going to take out of me, didn’t prep and plan and tried to wing it and it’s bitten me in the a$$ big time. Still lesson learned and next week I will be in a better more organised headspace xx
Old 12-08-2018, 12:08 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Dragon, I am holding your daughter in my heart and praying.

I am holding you in my heart too, MB.

Manta, thanks for checking in to let us know you’re OK. I can tell you’re propping yourself up well, but are just physically and emotionally exhausted without a lot of gab to spare.

We’ll be here when you are in the frame of mind to reflect and assess.

Meanwhile, way to step up and handle things!
Old 12-08-2018, 12:39 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Manta - Will be happy to help with gym advice. Meal prepping is a huge factor for success. Good for you!

Gilmer - Thank you)

Bedtime here.

Goodnight, weekenders.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:25 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Free, that meal, house, and entire time sound joyous!

But who in the world is “Baked Spaced Bradley?”
Old 12-08-2018, 01:31 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Support to you Dragon. Amongst my most difficult moments are those where one of my children is struggling. Absolutely wretched. It’s wonderful that sans alcohol you can be completely engaged in her support.
Old 12-08-2018, 02:20 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

prayers for your daughter STD
Old 12-08-2018, 02:24 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

((((Dragon)))) praying for your daughter, and that she finds a way to make peace with herself ❤️

(((MB))) I read your posts with empathy. I have a constant underlying feeling of futility or bleakness that I can never seem to entirely dispel. It’s a longstanding feeling and I think that’s probably why I drank. The thing that seems to lift me out of my seemingly constant underlying sadness at the moment is daydreaming and planning for future excursions, which I know is not learning to live in the moment, but having something to look forward to is somehow comforting. At the moment it’s a trip to connect with my distant relatives next year. It’s just a vague unstructured plan for a trip at the moment, but having something to look forward to really helps me get through today. That’s probably not how we’re “supposed” to live, but it helps me. When everything seems bleak, I have something good to look forward to. Not very zen I guess, but a ray of hope anyway.

Manta, you’re doing great! I was just thinking, my sadness is probably not helped by me not doing my regular daily exercise.... a couple of niggling injuries have set me back a bit.

Anyhow, a cool drizzly rainy (summer) Sunday morning here, so a nice hot cup of coffee is in order methinks
Old 12-08-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Willow, there are some days when we just cannot perfection out of ourselves. This is a paraphrase of Dee: sometimes we're doing well just to get by. There's no law that says it has to be graceful!
Old 12-08-2018, 03:44 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gilmer View Post
Willow, there are some days when we just cannot perfection out of ourselves. This is a paraphrase of Dee: sometimes we're doing well just to get by. There's no law that says it has to be graceful!
thank you Gilmer. Sometimes I really need this reminder. It’s ok to just get by. Sometimes I think I’m just trying too hard. To be good, to do things “right”. To be happy.etc
It’s ok today to just get by. To not drink. Today this is enough.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:27 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

It's the early hours of Sunday morning now, but Saturday was a very good day.

Went to cheer on my beloved Gateshead FC, we won 2-0, then went off to see some local bands who were great.

Got back in now and just ordered a pizza. Rounding off a great 24 hours, proving, as if there was any doubt, that you don't need alcohol to enjoy life.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:44 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Today I took my kittens in for their first shots, which tired them out, and we all slept most of the afternoon.

I made it to the grocery store to get items to make cookies tomorrow for the office on Monday, my nod to the holiday spirit.

My mind has been difficult with me the past few days, but I feel calmer now.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:30 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

I’m glad you’re feeling calmer now Guener
Old 12-08-2018, 06:07 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

The AV is making an appearance It’s a wet and woolly Sunday afternoon and too wet to do much outside. Too wet to go anywhere. Grumpy teenager in the house who’s bored and irritating. And the AV is telling me a nice glass of wine would be the perfect antidote. Noooo! Two cups of tea and lunch are done. Too wet for a walk. Or is it?? Perhaps a walk in the rain is what I need after all...
Old 12-08-2018, 06:29 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Another good day of Ukuleleing around with dear daughter. Today was our last class of the year.

But we had cookies!
Old 12-08-2018, 06:36 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Got a great parking spot right near the classrommbuilding today and spotted this place that I've never noticed before.

The Duke of Kent Royal Canadian Legion.

I was born in Kent (Ashford).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prin...,_Duke_of_Kent