Notices

Weekender Thread 7th -10th December2018

Old 12-07-2018, 08:02 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

It’s late I never slept last night and the party is going but I’m in the guestroom and I’m trying to go to sleep despite their drunken laughter and conversation .

I did remarkably well, I’ve had a very good time and really laughed hard.
Old 12-07-2018, 08:11 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
In!

I might have to go back to Scotland again for work. Hey ho.
Don't forget yer kilt!
Old 12-07-2018, 09:03 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi weekenders

Great pic Mark, I love the Scottish mountains. I’ve only ever been to Skye once but it was gorgeous. Planning a trip to Scotland next year

Mesa that’s a great shot too, beautiful rainbow!

Good job avoiding that vodka Leigh! Phew!

Free that birdcage is fabulous! So is the sound of that feast

I went to yoga class this morning and am just poking around at home now, but I’m thinking I might go for a nice long walk on the beach, it’s a bit wild and windy today, lovely
Old 12-07-2018, 09:05 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! I managed to get up super early at 5am and already took the dog for walk. So I am hoping for a productive weekend doing the things I like and hopefully thereby add a bit of weight to the life side of the work/life balance.

Free, your sister has a wonderful place and by the sound of things there‘s a formidable cook amongst you!

Jethro Tull remains one of my favorite rock bands, thanks MesaMan.

Good to see you are still with us Vinny. Do you still plan on visiting Botswana in the near future?

I‘ll check in later. Wishing everyone a great Saturday!
Old 12-08-2018, 12:10 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning all.

Great to see some new weekenders. Stay close when urge pops up it's ugly head

Yes Captain the work trips got frozen for the end of the year. Closing budgets and the likes I suppose.

Time to get mini vman ready for music class... YAY

Later weekenders.
Old 12-08-2018, 12:22 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well done Orderfor, you too SoberClover.The enforced cheerfulness of this time of the year makes me feel a bit down sometimes.

Well done VMan, your proactiveness (is that a word?) is like money in the bank, not the answer to everything but it helps.

Good to see you Drake, Tynesider

What an attractive home Free2b, the kitchen is about the same size as my whole flat

I hope everyone got through Friday night OK or are getting through Saturday evening in Oz. I am driving up to Scotland today. I resent working at the weekend but have no choice really. The good thing it that it will be quiet enough at work for me to have time off from the middle of the week. Dragon, I will have to check if my surname has a tartan. I am not sure why a country as perennially cold and wet as Scotland chose the kilt as its national dress, especially as nothing is supposed to be worn underneath!
Old 12-08-2018, 02:24 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Well done VMan, your proactiveness (is that a word?) is like money in the bank, not the answer to everything but it helps.
Now Sao, English being my 2nd language I had better stay out of this, but proactivity....I think the word you should be looking for is proactivity.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:25 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Good day, weekenders.

Good job staying on track, everyone!

Vinny - Your workout sounds pretty solid.

Free - I would kill to have your sister's kitchen. And the entire house is awesome. Enjoy your stay.

I watched the entire season 4 of the Bridge till 5 a.m., then slept till 11 a.m., skipped my boxing, have a session with the therapist later.

Recently I can't shake off the feeling that my life is crumbling and I can't put it back together. Nothing excites or inspire me. I don't know, maybe I try to put the pieces back to the old pattern which is outdated and obsolete.

Overall this song pretty much sums up how I feel.

I deliberately put a link, not embedded a youtube video because it has too many f-bombs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zhKt9iyXDs

I am quite at a loss what to change in my life to finally start feeling alive.

Ok, that will do for my rambling.

See you.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:38 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Wow, Free, that looks like a pretty nice setting to enjoy your time away from the cold. I would have fun in that kitchen, love to be busy in there with friends and keeping busy with preparing what looked like a fantastic meal to share. Keep the pics coming!

Leigh, that was some good attention on your part to avoid that drink. Kudos!

MesaMan, I'm another JT fan out here!

I'm pretty new on this thread, so hello to everyone out there, and thank you for your shares of the weekend. I was feeling a bit off, but the words and images here have picked me up quite a bit. Making my own plans for the next couple of days will be easier.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:42 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hey Midnight, sorry to hear you feel that way. I am not good at giving advice on how to deal with emotions, so I’ll just say thinking of you and I hope for a change in the weather.

Thanks for posting the link to the song though. I would never have imagined that anyone I would ever come into contact with would know about Royksopp, who have been one of my favorite artists in that genre of music for the past 15 years or so.

PS: Guener, good to see you are now definitely part of the Weekenders!
Old 12-08-2018, 04:06 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Thank you, Captain. I just recently discovered Royksopp after stumbling on the "Monument" song. Glad to hear from another fan)
Old 12-08-2018, 04:14 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Great pics Free! Glad you are enjoying your trip and laughing a lot

(((MB))) Do you meditate? Just a suggestion....I've been doing guided Chakra meditations and it helps take the edge off, even though the "feeling lost" is still there.....let's keep moving forward!

It's gonna be a gorgeous day here.....I should go for a walk or something.....
Old 12-08-2018, 04:22 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

OH and before I forget.....It wouldn't be Caturday without Grumpy Cat!

Old 12-08-2018, 04:41 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Purples, I meditate almost every day, though recently I've found it's hard for me to concentrate on meditation and I lack consistency. I'll look into chakra meditations. Thank you for the suggestion.
Old 12-08-2018, 05:49 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Hope everyone is doing ok! I am sober, tired and haven’t the energy to post a proper update lol, just been out food shopping and now snuggled up on the sofa with the cat and going to have an afternoon nap. Was in bed for 8pmFriday night and out like a light, got a straight 10 hours sleep!!!

Anyhow, have a super sober weekend people xx
Old 12-08-2018, 06:05 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning all,

Daughter is still struggeling (self harmed again yesterday). We are waiting for therapy services to start up and she has follow up appointment the her Doc in few days. last night, she resigned from her part time job. Her manager was very understanding of the situation but we felt it wasn't fair as daughter was missing to many shifts with last minute 'I can do it' decisions. Better to leave amicably than for the manager to have to make the tough call. We found a proffesionlly lead group for youth 18 - 24 that meets every Monday evening, so we'll be doing that.

I was reading an article that made a comparison between self harming and alcohol as a form of self harm. Being that both are used to change the way we are thinking and take away the bad feelings.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:10 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

((Dragon))
Old 12-08-2018, 07:59 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Wishing your daughter all the best Dragon, I hope she learns to recognise the feelings and cope as she matures. I hope the group helps.

Proactivity sounds a whole lot better Captain.

Hi Guener.

I hope you enjoyed S4 of The Bridge as much as I did MidnightBlue. Saga Noren is a very modern heroine.

I'm in Inverness where its almost dark already!
Old 12-08-2018, 08:00 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

You and your daughter will be in my prayers, dear Dragon. Love to you, my friend.
Old 12-08-2018, 08:03 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Free, your sister has a beautiful home; it looks great for entertaining. So glad that you stayed strong and enjoyed yourself, too.

Purps, what an hysterical cat meme. I laughed out loud.

Our resident family of Sandhill Cranes just landed with a hoop and a holler and is presently squawking up,a storm. What a beautiful sight and sound.

Have a wonderful Saturday, all.

Love to all.