Notices

Help please

Old 12-06-2018, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Help please

I’m having cravings I want to press the f itbutton. Had a disappointment today was refused a mordgage because of bad credit history 4 years ago. Feel tha nothing good happens to me always going wrong. Can’t seem to move forwards in life from my past mess ups. Just feeling lonely struggling down. My career also gone to hell because of convictions whilst drunk five years ago. Just feel like I’m trudging everyday to stay sober and also just to move ahead in life. Ina never ending rut. Yes pity pot time but sometimes I think what’s the point nothing ever gets better really just same same everyday lonely bringing kids up on my own and no support. Paying what over the odds to rent my home and paying somebody else’s morgage. I lost everything 5 years ago and I can’t seem to get back sorry for moan need to get it out DO Not want to pick up please help me get through this pathetic self pity
Old 12-06-2018, 11:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Picking up is not going to help anything you just mentioned, it will just set you back even further than you already feel like you are. Good thing can and will happen for you, sometimes certain things take time and you have to be patient.
I am also working to rebuild my credit, and I can assure picking up a drinking habit again in no way shape or form will help me reach the goals I have set.

So many reasons to keep hanging on to your sobriety through the frustrations. How old are your kiddos? I am sure they would rather having a sober parent.

Send you strength and hugs.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by eve123 View Post
I lost everything 5 years ago and I can’t seem to get back...
And in those five years you've struggled to attain lasting sobriety? All the more reason to press on, and refrain from drinking. Sustained sobriety won't solve all your problems, but it will make the problems you encounter manageable. Don't get too down on yourself and please, don't drink.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

So if bad things keep happening to you, don't willingly make another bad thing happen to you by drinking. It will make everything on your list worse, guaranteed.

How about pressing the "H" button for help instead and getting a handle on your addiction? Drinking alcohol ( or not ) is one thing you do indeed have absolutely control over. So if you start your day out not drinking, that's already a one good thing you have going for you - and it will allow you to deal with all the other things a lot better.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I just had a nasty time with alcohol 6 days ago. Partly because I too, felt very much in a rut. Nothing good came of it, except more shame and sickness. Please hang on to your sobriety.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well done for posting to express your emotions before picking up that first drink.

i failed to do that last night and have suffered terrible anxiety today. Please don't let that happen to you.
Old 12-06-2018, 02:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Enjoy and be grateful for your kids. Maybe you can qualify for a smaller mortgage or will be free of the issues in a couple years? I was denied a mortgage several years ago for something on my credit report that wasn’t even mine!
Don’t pick up.....it won’t help!
Old 12-06-2018, 03:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing Eve?\
D
Old 12-06-2018, 04:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Eve, first of all, you're doing great to be a single mom and holding things together. I'm sorry that you were turned down for the mortgage. Were you able to get information about what you could do to make your credit better? I know it must seem like a long road, and lonely, too, but if you remain sober, things will continue to get better for you. Don't allow the disappointment to ruin your sobriety.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
12-Step Recovered Alkie

Hey Eve Perhaps it's time for the AA program? And no, I don't mean just going to meetings. Experience has taught me that doesn't do much for anyone but the NON-alcoholics. I'm talking specifically about the AA program of recovery.

I was in that same exact spot, albeit not for 5 years so my hat is off to you for enduring it that long. I took it for about 2....... 2 1/2 years. As much as I didn't like the though, actually DOING the AA program was the one thing I hadn't really done. I ended up giving it a try. Got a sponsor who was actually working the steps, did them myself and came out a different person. That silly program actually has an answer for what you described.
Old 12-07-2018, 12:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Thanks for all your support. Went to bed sober thankfully and your all right drinking will only make things worse I truly accept that. A case of my own self will and my defects playing up. I expect everybody g I want to materialise without putting work in. Same with my sobriety. This I have to change. It wasn’t my time for a mordgage so I will carry on and wait and work towards my goals a day at a time no alcohol yesterday so it was in fact a very good day compared to some hell days I have put myself through in the past. So today I’m off my pity pot life is too short to let the little things get my down thabks to you all your stars
Old 12-07-2018, 01:20 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Drinking won’t help it.

Fast forward to five years from now, if you don’t stop now.

Get angry if you want, because that’s probably what your self pity really is, if you’re anything like me. I was angry when I came to realize that drinking definitely wasn’t going to help anything, and it manifested as self pity first.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
sober style

There's a part of you that wants the best for you, that wants you to stay sober and knows that the nagging doubts we all can get at times aren't a helpful or accurate description of our realities. Listen to that positive, caring part of yourself and keep going forward in your sobriety. That's well within your power, which inner voice you choose to listen to.
Old 12-07-2018, 03:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Eve- getting support is a very good idea. Meetings, local community centre, GP...

Booze makes everything worse- it did for me.

Prayers and support.
Old 12-07-2018, 03:55 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Don't let finances get you down

I am 60 and I have been broke several times. Once I had absolutely nothing but the coins in my pocket. No bank account, nothing. Another time I was down to my last 50 dollars when I found a job. You can turn things around financially. It can be hard, but you can do it. Drinking will just make things worse. Have confidence that things can improve. Best wishes.