Notices

Day 6

Old 12-04-2018, 10:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

Felt accomplished today even though irritation crept in. I have a phone interview in the morning and an in person around noon time. If I was drinking tonight I'd me so hungover in the morning that I probably would skip both.

I haven't spoken to my sponsor nor my grandsponsor either. To be honest I really don't feel like speaking to either one of them. As I get myself back together I actually feel at peace at the moment. Not drinking has me more calm, and for my wife to say "you seem in a lot better mood lately" trust me that is huge.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When I started hearing, "you look thinner", or "you look younger", I knew I was on the right track too. How could I not be happier when I'm getting compliments?
Best part was when people asked how I'm doing it, dieting? Exercising? ...
No, just stopped drinking poison every day.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Get,

The crave is for life. We drunks have brain damage and our coping mechanism is to drink.

I suffer through the craves and feel accomplished afterwards.

Because i am never hungover I have more energy than I have had since I was in my twenties.

My workouts are getting easier so I up the weights and increase the intensity of the cardio.

I am more patient at work and w my family.

95 percent of the time I reap benefits of not drinking. 5 percent I suffer w paws/ptsd from my years of drinking.

Never again. Never again. God help me Never again.

Thanks.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

HUGE- YES.
I need to remind myself every day by actively doing recovery stuff that staying sober is an equally important thing for me to remember- every day, as is eating and drinking water. Without food/water- I die.

Without a daily plan for keeping my recovery real- I would after awhile, relax- then get too relaxed, then think 'hell, I done good! One drink can't hurt'. For me- one drink is too much, because 30 is not enough.
If I relapse again- I will stay dead.