Notices

Happy Hanukkah!

Old 12-02-2018, 12:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy Hanukkah!

Wishing all of you celebrating a very happy Hanukkah. I hope your celebrations and time with family and friends are peaceful and happy. You can do this sober! Enjoy the beauty of the season, the delicious food and time making memories with those you love. Spend time here if you need a break. Have a search for the holiday survival guide if you need some tips. Holidays can be tough but it is totally possible to get through them sober and you will be so thankful that you did.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Best Wishes for the Holiday season. I'll toast you with a hot chocolate on New Years Eve.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks DriGuy! I'll toast you right back, I love a good mug of hot chocolate

I am not Jewish myself. My ex-husband was though and I have many other Jewish friends who have included me in their special celebrations. I was a bit early in my well wishes as Hanukkah starts at sundown, but the warm intention was there, so we'll go with that!

It is such a festive time of the year for many religions and many other reasons. Which of course is lovely but does bring about that holiday stress more than usual. Stay strong everyone!
Old 12-02-2018, 09:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm living in a new area and haven't met any Jewish people here, but I have had Jewish friends in other places. I always got a kick out of Hanukkah as a counterpoint to Christmas, and from what I understand, the festivities of the season, no matter the reason it's currently or geographically celebrated, can be traced back to pagan celebrations of the solstice. My ex wife shares a solstice party with her girlfriends each year, although none of them are pagans. It's just something she invented on her own, so everyone could sit around in the hot tub outside and drink some wine. Everyone loves a good time during the holidays, no matter what they call it or how they celebrate it.