Notices

Day 3

Old 12-01-2018, 10:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Had a good day with the family. First time in a while we could all laugh at something together. I was able to take my mind off things at least for a little bit.

I usually go to a morning Saturday meeting, but the "but" is I'm thinking of trying a different route other than AA. So, before I make a choice on it I want to have a clear head and not have anyone "suggest" to me what I should or shouldn't do from the meetings.

Right now I just want to try and get my life in some type of order.

Thanks for the continued support.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I did not take the AA route. I was not opposed to it and it was certainly an option for me. Something just finally clicked. Can't even tell you the exact moment. Once the ball got rolling, I was able to latch on and start using all the tools available to me.the ones that suited me.

SR, AA, SMART, all offer suggestions. The one thing that has to work is us.

What does getright15 want? Maybe that's a good place to start.
Old 12-02-2018, 08:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Get,

I had lasting spatial disorientation and anxiety/paranoia issues when I quit.

The only way to feel...normal...was to drink.

Not drinking was like hell on earth. I suffered horribly off and on staying clean.

The real hell began around 3 months in. I was going nuts and sr gave me the info I needed to understand what my brain was doing.

I had peaceful times from day 1 so i believed those times would lengthen. They did. These days normal is an all day thing. I am still mopping up my internal issues, but I move forward with the confidence this length of sobriety offers.

Sr taught me everything. AA was more of a f2f thing, but I learned everything from my sr family. AA is not for everyone. But, it is there waiting with open arms. That is a good thing.

Tons of folks here stayed clean for many years using just sr.

Whatever it takes.

Big party last night. Saw a few very drunk people. Bet they are regretting their actions this am.

Thanks.