Notices

People are very observant!

Old 11-30-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

People are very observant!

Two different people came up to me today , one this morning, all chat hiya doing bill , your looking well , how long is it now ? Told him , he congratulated me . A few min s ago out for my walk , same thing again basically, i live in a city centre and I'm known as a drunk , i guess people only see me sober now and are coping on to the fact I don't drink . Don't know what to make of it , it's a good thing I suppose. Lot of good people out there !
Old 11-30-2018, 01:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Your getting your self respect back and people are proud of you.

It does seem a shame that people constantly remind the alcoholic about their past and ask direct questions like how many days you been sober? Be careful some people would be only too pleased to see the alcoholic drink again to make themselves feel better.

A difficult situation to handle the alcoholic could be irritated by these questions or take them positively like you have done.

Keep up the good work!

Old 11-30-2018, 02:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I 'started' getting serious about stopping, I'd notice and talk to a few people at one of the bars i frequented who had stopped drinking. It was VERY obvious just by looking at and talking to them. They were no longer 'that guy/girl' that I knew them as. It was very inspiring at the start of my journey. Haven't seen/talked to them in a couple years now...might have to ask about them and hopefully they're still doing well. Keep it up! Just like people see/notice us making asses of our drunken selves, they also notice when we start making positive changes. Also,never know who may take notice and make a change for themselves.