Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Not Thanksgiving Weekender Thread 30 November - 3rd December2018

Notices

Not Thanksgiving Weekender Thread 30 November - 3rd December2018

Old 12-01-2018, 07:16 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Vinny, if you’re out there, congratulations on your 9-month soberversary today!
Old 12-01-2018, 08:23 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Congrats VMan! Hope to hear from you soon

Thanks everyone for helping me stay sober today....see y'all tomorrow!
Old 12-01-2018, 09:18 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Great, cardoon!

Mesaman, I absolutely love your pictures I have to come in find where you are so I can just live in a little cabin with the candle and a book 😊 in the nearby area

OK All you weekenders hears a statement of fact.:

my mom used to drop me off at gymnastics I think because she wanted to be a gymnast but I cannot bend. I couldn’t even do a cart wheel correctly my legs would never straighten out. I could never do a backbend. When dropped off at gymnastics and sit in the corner and just cry until my mom picked me up 😳

As a 56-year-old I am still trying to stretch and one day I would love to be able to do the splits. Anyone out there think it’s a possibility for me?
Old 12-02-2018, 12:24 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Made it through my kids birthday outing to the movies and pizza. Got home and without even thinking about it I went straight out of habit to my booze cupboard in the kitchen. I put my hand on the handle to open it and take my first massive guzzle of the day only to realise that if I opened it, it would be empty. I then remembered I am done with booze. Never again. A wave of sadnesss came over me and lasted about a minute. I made some tea, had a shower and was content for the rest of the evening just watching TV and and spending time with my family. I felt such relief I had no booze in the house so I could not have acted on that moment of almost subconsious madness. I hope that fades over the next few days/weeks, so that the first thing I think of when I get into the house it to put the kettle on. Anyway, another good sleep and woke sober feeling good and hungry. Being hungry again is sooooo good.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:56 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
sober style

Good going, Phil!
Old 12-02-2018, 01:10 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning everyone. Well done Phil, it does work like that. After a few weeks we don't automatically think now is the time to drink after an event or task. It took longer but after I quit, slowly it dawned on me that most people don't reach for the bottle every time either.

I hope VMan is OK and posts soon too.
Old 12-02-2018, 02:27 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Just a quick goodnight before I head to bed. It’s been a big day at the waterpark today. Another hot day so best spent having fun in the water on a Sunday afternoon night everyone
Old 12-02-2018, 03:37 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.

A big load of Sunday morning/evening serenity is my wish for the weekenders gang.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:14 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Way to go Phil!

Free: You can do it!

Sunday morning coffee and "Tool Time" online Smart meeting at noon o'clock
Old 12-02-2018, 06:30 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Moning all,

Free, your story nearly made me cry.

Had a decent time at last nights christmas party. It was in the historic Winnipeg Fort Gary hotel. 7th floor to be exact. Below is a view from the ball room window. The long building in the forefront is the Via rail station, behind it is the Museum of human rights, and to the right that spike of white is the Esplanade Riel foot bridge.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

A lovely picture, Dragon!
Old 12-02-2018, 08:29 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Vman, thinking of you.

Has anyone sent him a PM?

Phil, great job.

Love the images, STDragon, Sao and Mesa.

I just had a huge breakfast with 58g of protein. I should be set for a few hours.

Gorillas today? Hm. Maybe not, Sundays and zoos are chaos.

So. Full.
Old 12-02-2018, 09:57 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Evening everyone. I sent Vman a PM on Friday but he hasn‘t logged on since. His last log-on was Thursday this week, I think.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:17 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hi All;

Just wanted to check in and say hello--I'm in the midst of working on a document at the moment, but wanted to report that the sun is shining brightly where I am which is a nice change after two days of rain.

I'm keeping calm and sobering on. . .
Old 12-02-2018, 11:47 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Another sober weekend in the bag for all the weekenders!

All organised for my first day tomorrow and going to try to get an early night although not sure I am going to sleep much with the nerves. I can do this! Night night and sleep tight everyone xx
Old 12-02-2018, 12:40 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hey Free ~

Honestly, about any of the small Mountain or Foothills Towns around might be to your liking, and specs. I can/will help ya by PM if you start planning a visit. For me, Airbnb or VRBO would provide lots of vetted places to rent and try. These Days, I always 'fly' over a spot on Google Earth to suss out everything from the setting, to the elevation. Knowledge Is Power, and all that.

Super-light Snow here, so even Mesa Dog is chillin'. My Wireless -> DSL 'Net Link stayed up and ran fine all Night, so I'm on the right track to continue to pump up the Solar Panel side of it. MesaMate is watching a Denver Broncos Football Game via that ROKU connection, and baking more Cookies.

Killer Pic, Dragon!

My favorite Song having anything remotely to do with Snow. Introduced to me by a now-sobered-up Canadian Gal Pal...

~ 'Shut Your Eyes' ~ Snow Patrol ~
Old 12-02-2018, 01:51 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Gorgeous picture of Mesadog ❤️

Free that would have been an awful gymnastics experience I feel sad for your child-self.

I hope you’re ok Vman, we miss you

It’s Monday morning here and I’m having coffee, getting ready for my day. I’m generally relieved when Monday rolls around, hangover-free I struggle with depression on Sundays. Apparently it’s common but it’s supposedly because we don’t want Monday to come as we usually have to go back to the working week. But I like Mondays now. Maybe it’s a leftover from when I was on the end of my weekend binge so by Sunday I had post-alcoholic binge depression and kept drinking all day to try to keep the buzz going which had long since worn off and been replaced by a bleak desperate feeling combined with a 2 day hangover..Although by the time I stopped drinking it had progressed to not only drinking every day (which I had been doing for years) but drinking a LOT every day. So I was hungover every day... Yuk! Shudder.... And now maybe it’s a leftover thing from those drinking days, because now I’m quite glad when it’s Monday again and I’m still sober ...
Anyway, enough pondering the Sunday blues, Happy Monday! I hope you all have a good day today
Old 12-02-2018, 06:04 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Best wishes for Monday and onward, MantaLady
Old 12-02-2018, 06:07 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I was hung over nearly every morning, I only drank in the evenings after work and told myself it wasn't alot. When I told someone I drank it was "only a couple beers a few times a week.". Sheesh.
Old 12-02-2018, 06:08 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
Best wishes for Monday and onward, MantaLady
Ditto....