Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Not Thanksgiving Weekender Thread 30 November - 3rd December2018

Notices

Not Thanksgiving Weekender Thread 30 November - 3rd December2018

Old 11-30-2018, 09:12 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Willow, it is so difficult sometimes about therapy. Sometimes it’s really hard to know whether it’s our reaction to painful subject didn’t make it uncomfortable or if it’s just personality conflict.

I really enjoyed the last counselor I head for a few sessions but he was US$125 an hour cash in that was supposed to be giving me a break so I could hardly afford him anymore. But I learned a lot and i do a lot of reading and self reflection.

I think it really comes down to learning how to feel the emotions , and we learn to realize that they are normal (as sober people) ups and downs, and that is how life is. Sometimes we have periods of darkness, and sadness. Without those time periods and we cant experience joy and wonder.

I send you big hugs across the pond Willow ��
Old 11-30-2018, 09:14 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Old 11-30-2018, 09:17 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

HI PJ.

nice avatar😊
Old 11-30-2018, 09:26 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks Free
Old 11-30-2018, 11:10 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hello! Class of December now open!

​​​​​​Despite the lack of sleep, I'm holding up OK! Just hungrier. Could be the weather change... Or the deficit from no alcohol....
Old 12-01-2018, 12:02 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I’m always hungry since I stopped drinking....
Old 12-01-2018, 12:06 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I'm on!
Old 12-01-2018, 01:06 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hi Free- it is half a chess set I had to cast for the Sculpture subject I was in. My right burnt hand to be exact.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:36 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning Weekenders and thanks once again CaptainHaddock. I hope everyone got through Friday OK (and are getting through Saturday night in Australia).

Chess has been on the fringes of the news here as the World Championships have just been completed. Organisers were worried that after 12 draws the public might think chess was boring

We are off to a very damp and soggy start to Saturday here in London. That strange shadow on the left hand side must have been from my umbrella- sorry about that, I didn't notice it at the time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
rps20181201_093259.jpg (48.8 KB, 54 views)
Old 12-01-2018, 01:52 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Good morning lovely weekenders! I hope you are all enjoying a sober Saturday morning. Grey and rainy here, cat decided to meew very loudly last night at the door just as I got in bed so I came down and let him out and he’s been out all night. Turned up when I called him this morning covered in mud and we are now having the “don’t you dare walk over my beige carpet in the living room till you have cleaned your feet” stand off. I am going to get a few treatments at the beauty place this afternoon in readiness for Monday. Gonna tidy and clean the house the rest of the day and leave any remaining sorting for now. Need to just get my space comfortable and make sure I have a proper chill and no stress day tomorrow as it’s my last Sunday as a lady of leisure! The hotels were soooo expensive in London so was cheaper to book an apartment for the night, already got my evening meal sorted and in a container (Bengali Coconut Dhal) and my breakfast (2 eggs and some of my homemade bread for toast!

Anyhow, enough rambling time to get moving and do some stuff xx
Old 12-01-2018, 02:18 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Good stuff ml
Old 12-01-2018, 03:28 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

My plans for the weekend aren't very exciting, but that's okay.

I am going to have to go into the office today to try to help out a student who put off some important tasks until the end of the semester. I would be honest if I didn't feel somewhat irritated about it, with such procrastination being the cause, but I get it and cannot let it pass until Monday if I can help out. It means putting off doing some yard work for my parents, but that is less important.

Sunday we are supposed to get snow, maybe our first real one of the season. I will need to pick up some groceries tomorrow to make sure I don't *have* to go out there with the others who have forgotten what to do with a vehicle on the roads during such weather. We don't get a lot of snow here, even in the low mountains, because the climate is desert precipitation based. This sounds like a better day or reading than for getting outside much.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:44 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
sober style

Love those saoutchik photos, glad they're back!
Old 12-01-2018, 04:52 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

(((Dragon))) (((Willow))) (((Weekenders)))

Wow, MLD congrats on 4 years!!!

Only day 8 here for me but last night I attended an online "Smart" meeting....I need to do that more often, plus more f2f meetings though I'm not a fan of peopling....

Old 12-01-2018, 05:01 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Sober Saturday morning with a cuppa and my down comforter wrapped around me at o'dark o'clock.

I've been watching Netflix's British Baking Show just before bed, it's a contest type thing and it has been giving me sugarplum dreams. Not a bad way to spend my sleepytime.

STDragon, so many prayers for your family and your girl. I had a lot of depression as a teen/young adult. I wouldn't go back to those days for anything. You're a good dad, she's lucky to have you.

Okay, then. Shrimp and grits or spinach, mushroom, tomato, cheese omelet? I got a deal on two pounds of mushrooms for a dollar yesterday so I see lots of mushrooms in my future. I'll cook them up and freeze most of them.

Have a great Saturday.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:09 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Woke sober (wonderful feeling) and took my oldest daughter to her transfer test (to see whether she gets into a good school or not. Nervous but ok. Middle daughters birthday outing later. My 3 kids plus 5 others. I am not looking forward to it. Movie and pizza after. Stressful for me but I wont drink after. This evening once its all over I'll shower and read a book/play a game on my tablet to distract me. Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights are my main getting off my head time (any day actually). Tea and a book should get me throught it. That and the librium of course!!!
Old 12-01-2018, 05:29 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hi Phil
Old 12-01-2018, 05:33 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
...My son is taking an international exam for Japanese proficiency in downtown Chicago on Sunday...
That interesting. My Daughter has an interest in the language too. She's on an app where Japanese people interesting in english chat with english speaking people interested in Japanese where they learn and teach each other.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:39 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Tonight is the company christmas party. I was happy to find this year that both my company and my wifes company chose the same day for thier parties. Yay, so only one party this year. We chose my wifes. It goes a little longer than I'd like, but there are people there I only see once a year. No fear of drinking, its not an option and won't happen.
Old 12-01-2018, 05:42 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Afternoon everyone. I just have to say again it’s nice to see a lot of activity going on.

Snazzy, your right, I‘m glad that thanks to Sao we are getting to see the sights (and with a little bit of imagination almost hear the sounds) of London again.

All the best Dragon, to you and your daughter. I also drifted away from some of my best high school and college friends. At the time I‘m sure we all felt we would be buddies for life, but somehow just lost the connection and got diverted from one another. Still we had fun times and adventures that I shall never forget, even though I have no intention of repeating some of those things.

Hang in there NorthernLass and keep going Purps. I‘m rooting for you! Nice to see you too, Guener and GettingSmarter.

A bit of late afternoon gardening coming, and then some relaxation which will obviously also involve some sort of barbecue.