SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   22 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/434419-22.html)

serenitynowplz 11-29-2018 05:17 PM

just a quick post to say I’m feeling pretty good. 22 days and my anxiety is nearly gone or at least it’s at a healthy level now. I’m trying to focus on keeping myself grounded and recognizing when I’m getting that itch to go out. Oddly enough, some of my biggest drinks started after an overly fantastic day. It’s almost like a would be a bit manic (that might be overkill) and celebrate without giving any thought to the outcome. Was I trying to sabotage? Who knows. I felt it today after a slam dunk day at work. I wanted to go out and talk to a friend over drinks and continue just feeling great. No way I was doing that. I told myself where it could end and the only way to ensure this happiness and success have a chance or continuing is to stay the heck away from cocktails. Made it thru... came home and made dinner and watched This is Us. Had a therapeutic little cry and know I can go to bed feeling I loved my best life today. Plans after worked tmrw to workout and then come home and relax.

Ghostlight1 11-29-2018 05:38 PM

Sounds like a plan!
You seem to be managing your sobriety extraordinarily well. Good for you for being so self aware.
Yep, there's nothing a drink will make better.
Keep up the good work, those days will add up before you know it.

serenitynowplz 11-29-2018 05:51 PM

Handling it so well is what terrifies me!

but grateful I’m good right now... and trying to do the right things to stay this way.

Ghostlight1 11-29-2018 06:08 PM

That actually could be good. You know not to sit back on your laurels and become complacent.
A healthy dose of fear could be good. Alcohol is a strong enemy and you're in war against it.
You're doing great. Keep doing those things right and you can't go wrong.

serenitynowplz 11-29-2018 06:09 PM

Thanks, Ghostlight. It’s good to know I’m not alone! I’m so grateful for SR.

least 11-29-2018 06:32 PM

Congrats on over three weeks sober!:) It will get better and easier the longer you're sober. :hug:

PhoenixJ 11-30-2018 01:56 AM

good post. keep it up.

D122y 11-30-2018 02:07 AM

Sere,

They changed the hours at my job. Long story but it stressed everyone out.

I came home today and thought, who cares have a drink.

The av is always waiting.

I don't do aa, half measures and all that.

I do me. I thought, so I drink, feel euphoric for a couple of hours, pass out, wake up hung over.

My blood pressure immediately goes up, I feel weak, I have trouble sleeping, and eventually I get sick.

I remind myself of this every time I start to notice booze again (translation: crave).

Thanks.

Dee74 11-30-2018 05:28 PM

congrats serenitynowplz :)

D

Jules714 11-30-2018 06:14 PM

This is great!
Second positivity post I've read here tonight!
Makes my day to basically witness a person reap the rewards of recovery.
Happy for you, good work
Jules

Hevyn 11-30-2018 06:18 PM

3 weeks is wonderful, serenity! You're reclaiming your life - even better days lie ahead.

CRRHCC 11-30-2018 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by serenitynowplz (Post 7066038)
just a quick post to say I’m feeling pretty good. 22 days and my anxiety is nearly gone or at least it’s at a healthy level now. I’m trying to focus on keeping myself grounded and recognizing when I’m getting that itch to go out. Oddly enough, some of my biggest drinks started after an overly fantastic day. It’s almost like a would be a bit manic (that might be overkill) and celebrate without giving any thought to the outcome. Was I trying to sabotage? Who knows. I felt it today after a slam dunk day at work. I wanted to go out and talk to a friend over drinks and continue just feeling great. No way I was doing that. I told myself where it could end and the only way to ensure this happiness and success have a chance or continuing is to stay the heck away from cocktails. Made it thru... came home and made dinner and watched This is Us. Had a therapeutic little cry and know I can go to bed feeling I loved my best life today. Plans after worked tmrw to workout and then come home and relax.

"feeling I loved my best life today."

That's inspirational and empowering!!!:thanks

GhostFace 11-30-2018 06:54 PM

Congratulations,

I know the feeling of treating yourself to a drink after a great day. I used to drink on good and bad days. That was my excuse. I can relate to your journey and I appreciate you for sharing, very inspirational.