Notices

Serenity Retrograde

Old 12-10-2018, 07:12 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I don't know which country you are in, but ask for a DNA pharmacogenetics screen if your insurance will cover it or if you can afford it. It's spendy.

I worked in the industry for years...there are metabolic issues tied to genetics that can affect how certain drugs work for different people.

If nothing else, it will give you something to research today.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thinking about you, Spider. I have GAD, which has been helped enormously by lexapro, but I know the severity and treatment of anxiety varies from person to person. I hope you find something that works for you. I know alcohol increased mine exponentially, and, for better or worse, that's what finally made me decide to quit for good in the end, it had gotten so bad.
Old 12-10-2018, 01:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your feelings and circumstances, Spider.

For me, sobriety has been my first daily priority for a pretty good while now.

After about 11 years of sobriety, but being eaten up daily by GAD and swooned into submission periodically by depression, I finally sought professional help for those conditions.

I have taken meds for GAD and depression for a very good while, now, and have gotten a quality of life back which had left long ago.

They aren't perfect - sometimes some anxiety or depression will "break through" as my psychiatrist phrases it, but they have certainly given me a highly enhanced quality of life.

I exercise, adhere to a reasonable diet ( both quantitatively and qualitatively), pray daily, read recovery and spiritual literature and work with a lot of others who are in recovery, in need of being in recovery or just in need, period.

And I work the steps daily, at least 1, 3, 7 and 11.

I also post a good bit on SR and still attend some meetings and go to church, but not nearly as much as I should to be candid.

We hope you get what we have cobbled together, in my case with the help of God and AA, in that order.
Old 12-11-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks again all.