Notices

Day 7

Old 11-26-2018, 04:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7

Today is day 7. I woke up went to work and my anxiety was at a 8. After 2 hours it calmed and I got through the day. Now Im finally home and its only 6pm and I just want to go to bed and sleep. On top of that I feel like Im starting to come down with a cold. Is all this part of quitting alcohol? I felt fine up until I stopped drinking. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You might be coming down with a cold. It's normal in early recovery to feel a bit 'off'. If you feel worse, see your doctor.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lots of changes are occurring in your body, pretty normal to feel "different" and even catch a cold. Great job on 7 days.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It never fails for me. One week into sobriety I start to get flu like symptoms. I'm never sick so I know it's part of the detox. It would typically last a few days. If it persists longer or with a high fever better to see the doc. But sounds very common for where you are at.

You only have to go this crap one more time. Don't forget how awful you feel right now. This is what alcohol does to our bodies. Its such a "mild" toxin that it only takes a several weeks to flush it out of our systems. Then several more to repair the damage to our brains and nervous system.

Stay with it. It's so worth breaking thru.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good job on Day 7!

I think I ignored a lot of things, like colds, when I was drinking. This may be part of your early recovery and becoming more aware of your health. That's a good thing.
Old 11-26-2018, 05:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Congrats on your 7 days, Toni. I felt achy & had flu like symptoms in the first week or so. I was also exhausted. I hope you feel better soon, & that you can get a good rest tonight.
Old 11-26-2018, 08:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

When I got sober I had flu like symptoms for the first few weeks. I also suffered from fatigue and brain fog. Getting sober is a tremendous change for one's body and for one's nervous system, so it's quite normal to feel off. Nevertheless, the important thing is not to drink.