Notices

Thank you sr

Old 11-20-2018, 02:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you sr

Quick thought I just had. I’m pretty sure I’d be back drinking if not for sr. When I did quit, the only thing I really knew is that I was a raging alcoholic and if I didn’t quit I’d die alone. Was never educated on the disease and what it Was taking from me. After a month or so I felt great and I started thinking I’m good now, I can have a few drinks. Luckily I stumbled on sr and began reading everyone’s stories. Not sure which helps more, the good or the bad, but I come here every day and read what to do and what not to do. Don’t think I would’ve figured it out on my own without falling off the wagon by now. Anyway thank you all for sharing your thoughts and stories. I credit you with a large portion of my sobriety.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I feel very much the same way, Accord. It's the daily visit here that helps keep me vigilant. All the stories - good, bad, & scary - serve a purpose. I'm so glad you found us & have been helped by being here.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All the stories help me, as well. I particularly like the families and friends posts, because they remind me very effectively of the hell I put the people I loved through. Kept me going for three weeks tomorrow. I thank you all for that, because I proved over and over I couldn't do it on my own.
Old 11-20-2018, 05:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Congratulations on your 3 wks., Dafunbra. That's wonderful. Glad you're part of us.
Old 11-20-2018, 07:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Red face

Originally Posted by Accord1 View Post
Quick thought I just had. I’m pretty sure I’d be back drinking if not for sr. When I did quit, the only thing I really knew is that I was a raging alcoholic and if I didn’t quit I’d die alone. Was never educated on the disease and what it Was taking from me. After a month or so I felt great and I started thinking I’m good now, I can have a few drinks. Luckily I stumbled on sr and began reading everyone’s stories. Not sure which helps more, the good or the bad, but I come here every day and read what to do and what not to do. Don’t think I would’ve figured it out on my own without falling off the wagon by now. Anyway thank you all for sharing your thoughts and stories. I credit you with a large portion of my sobriety.
Thank you for your post. It gives me hope, and reminds me of how lucky I am to have also found SR.