Notices

Day 11

Old 11-17-2018, 01:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 11

Doing really well, few craving for beer thinking maybe an alcohol free beer. Alcohol free beer has led me to return to drinking in the past bug with my new mindset maybe I can use it as s tool to keep me sober when thinks get tough.

I am not sure what it's like in America but the treatment available in the UK for alcoholics is dreadful. Only those on the verge of dying get detoxes in hospital and then get let out straight away. Doctors generally won't see an alcoholic when drunk. This is ridiculous as when is an alcoholic sober?

The medical profession really don't know how to deal with addiction.

Old 11-17-2018, 02:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Highercall View Post
Doing really well, few craving for beer thinking maybe an alcohol free beer. Alcohol free beer has led me to return to drinking in the past bug with my new mindset maybe I can use it as s tool to keep me sober when thinks get tough.

I had to stop playing the 'maybe this time game' to get/stay sober. Removing all risky actions/behaviors is essential early on.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes your right.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different result is the definition of insanity HC. ALcohol free beer has caused you to relapse a few times in the past, it seems like it’s time to accept that this is not and hasn’t been a safe and sensible option for you to take. xx
Old 11-17-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Highercall View Post
Yes your right.
That also goes for EVERY toxic relationship in my life. "maybe this time" has kept me in some obviously blatent bad situations(looking back) for waaayyy longer than a 'normal' person would put up with.

It was very freeing when I stopped 2nd guessing how/letting outside influences,be it people/places/things,personally affected me.

Own your life and decisions.
Old 11-18-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Alcohol free beer has led me to return to drinking in the past bug with my new mindset maybe I can use it as s tool to keep me sober when thinks get tough.
I had to get used to a non drinking life - NA beer kept me tethered to that old life - even if it was totally non alcoholic beer I'd still drink it with the same people I used to and in the same places ...and then wonder why I relapsed.

Your addiction will try and convince you that NA beer will fill that 'hole'...but it won't, any more than real beer did...

My advice is keep building a new life, a sober life you love...
let the hole heal naturally.

D