Notices

Waking up on Saturday sober

Old 11-16-2018, 10:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Do your best

Waking up on Saturday sober

As Least sometimes says I never regretted waking up sober I'm so so grateful we are sober or at least we have the potential to be every single day and waking up on Saturday sober never gets old its 6.16am cold dark wet grey but I'll be doing weighs to stay warm and sober this morning

To all the newcomers and ppl just reading the board ... What will you do today
Old 11-17-2018, 03:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes it does feel good! I'm off to work though.....wish I could stay home or go for a long run.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Some days of the week are special for sure - my sat is usually a happy routine of our normal (my husband is also in recovery). Today, waking up early with a back feeling better than it has since I hurt it in Mar, hopefully due to the epidural I had yesterday, is the best gift so far!!

Happy weekend all - oh, and I am also taking it one step at a time (hour? day? we'll see) about my step daughter's protest and refusal to attend our anniversary party (we got married at the courthouse last Dec 1) as well as Tgvg dinner.....can't know how it will actually play out!
Old 11-17-2018, 04:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I woke up on this Saturday morning warm and cozy in my bed. I am so grateful to be sober. I make a lot more plans these days which involve spending time away from home. This is because I can trust myself to not start drinking the night before and then wake up feel like a bag of crap, out of it and full of anxiety the next day.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm going to do life. Great reminder of the gift of these sober weekends. Thank you
Old 11-17-2018, 02:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Indeed. It is never a bad morning to wake up sober.

I cleaned. Top to bottom. Detailed. I wanted a spic and span place because I have 4 days off for the coming holiday and I don't want any loose ends hanging over my head.

So I'm sitting here, warm, sipping a cup of coffee. It's quiet, I'm relaxed and I feel good.

Today's a great day to not drink.

B
Old 11-17-2018, 02:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hope your sober Saturday has been a great one, my old friend.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:45 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I woke up so early this morning.
I hit the market (@6am)and got everything for Thanksgiving. Including the very last turkey breast!
Was divine. Before early morning shopping was looking like hell in my car waiting for the liquor store to open to stop shaking.
Incredibly grateful to wake up sober.
Jules
Old 11-17-2018, 02:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I’m closing in on two weeks sober tomorrow. I just woke up from nap. I’ve gotten this feeling right around 10 days on previous stretches and now today like someone took a hair dryer and blew the cobwebs out of my brain. Amazing how much alcohol affected my state of just being.
Old 11-17-2018, 03:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Whatever I do- and at the moment lots of challenges- with the art study I am doing- it is all very practical, careful and patient skills where I learn by a lot of practice. This is difficult given the cognitive gaps in memory from the booze-blackout- burns incident.

Whatever I do- I am grateful for every day I have a pulse and the opportunities life offers. All of which is not possible without my active recovery.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good morning SR
Old 12-15-2018, 03:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good Morning to you Soberwolf…!!!

Glad to be here on another Saturday Morning
sober, another yr older, wiser on my December
belly button birthday spending it with you guys
here in SR.

Not much planned except to tend to my
flower gardens, share some ESH and maybe
a little something special for lunch.
Old 12-15-2018, 06:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good Morning, Soberwolf. A happy, sober Saturday morning. It’s amazing how early I wake up these days....no more wasting my weekends hungover in bed, yelling at the kids for being too loud, yelling at the dogs for whining to be let out. I never regret going to bed sober!!
Old 12-15-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I agree

Waking up sober is a gift. Sleeping was always an issue. Either I was pass out drunk or I was beginning withdrawal. If it was withdrawal I could not sleep and was sick in the middle of the night. Now I go to bed early, and get up early. It is nice to be done with the cycle of despair. Best to everyone!
Old 12-15-2018, 07:51 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My gosh. I've sort of forgotten what a hangover feels like. Well, that's not completely true. It's more like I don't think about much. But to say I don't miss them would be an understatement.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:58 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Waking up sober is indeed a gift and a blessing. This is my 4th mornin in a row they keep getting better. Not much is better than a cup of coffee with the hubby and a movie on a cold weekend morning. Afternoon will be chores, hanging out, and checking in at sr. Good Saturday to everyone. Blessings.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:04 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Waking up sober is the best thing ever! priceless. Imagine you get that for free. I have been enjoying that. Feels lot better in the morning to do the things that really matter in life.
Have a great day!
Old 12-15-2018, 09:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I woke up early. Feeling rested and great (wow how grateful am I for that?). I took the kids to my moms, baked cookies and goodies, then went Christmas shopping. Which I actually enjoyed. Then looked at Christmas lights and now am ready for bed sober and healthy. I am so grateful for my sobriety. I have so much more joy in my life.
Thank you for the post
Old 12-16-2018, 10:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

It is awesome. Thanks for the reminder. Sometimes we can take it for granted after a bit but one bad Friday could quickly remind us if we don't stay on our course. I don't want to ever have a Saturday morning like the ones I used to have.