Notices

Woke up with hangover symptoms

Old 11-15-2018, 01:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Woke up with hangover symptoms

Along with runny nose and congestion, I woke up in the middle of the night with heart palpitations, shortness of breath, headache and nausea. Very little sleep. Nothing serious enough to warrant medical attention.

Even though none of this is from drinking (it’s from smoke from CA fires), it feels a lot like hangover. Fortunately, I don’t have a desire to drink at the moment. Just need clean air and a nap. I am keeping myself aware of how I handled hangover symptoms in my final drinking days - just start drinking again as soon as possible to take that edge off. No matter if it’s 9 am. Not going to go down that path.

For anyone in CA within 200 miles of these fires, please don’t drink. Whether you identify as an alcoholic, problem drinker or whatever, alcohol compromises our health in so many ways that bad air will make worse. Even if you are inside, our HVAC systems can’t keep up with filtering this air. If you are thinking about relapse, please put if off just one more day, then another, then another, etc. By the time the smoke clears, perhaps you will no longer care about drinking.

In fact, wherever you are in the world and whatever the conditions are, why not use this same strategy. Just put it off one more day, then keep going that direction one day at a time.

This too shall pass.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

stay safe fearlessat50 - prayers and best wishes for you friends and neighbors and anyone else here affected

D
Old 11-15-2018, 11:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I was wondering about whether anyone here was affected by those fires. It’s a devastating situation there. My family is close enough by to be using the special masks, as are some people with whom I must communicate for work. I was thinking about the fire refugees, how difficult it must be, post trauma, while also being in the midst of trauma. My heart breaks for them. Please take care of you.
Old 11-16-2018, 04:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The scope of the impact is close to beyond comprehension. It appears that many, if not most, of those who perished were disabled or elderly...the most vulnerable. Best to those who survived and have to rebuild.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Fear,

I am sensitive to the smoke and I live 300 miles away. I feel the congestion.

Prayers to all.

Thanks.