Notices

Day 19, Caved and went to the doctor

Old 11-14-2018, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 19, Caved and went to the doctor

I ended up going to the doctor last Thursday, the anxiety and panic were too much. I got some anti anxiety pills, non habit forning, not benzo's. They don't feel "good" which I'm glad about, I don't need any more bad habits. I haven't had a panic attack since Sunday and I'm doing pretty good. A little foggy. Drinking has crossed my mind a handful of times but I play the tape forward.

My husband doesn't care if I drink or not. I told him before I quit that I think I have a problem. I told him I was experiencing significant withdrawal and felt my health was declining. He's not a drinker but he's very supportive, I'm glad for this as well. Even though he says, he wouldn't be disappointed if I drank, sharing with him that I think I need to quit has helped me stay sober. I can feel like a failure to just myself but once other sets of eyes get involved it's a lot harder to throw in the towel.

Here's to 19 more! Thanks for listening
Old 11-14-2018, 08:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad the doctor was able to help you.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good for you Giggler!! Keep on keeping on, you sound like you are really taking control. It will get better!
Old 11-14-2018, 08:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you for taking action. That's what it takes. Sobriety doesn't just happen.
I suffer from anxiety, too. And found that once I quit drinking the anxiety became manageable.
And great news about your husband. He sounds like a great guy with his support.

Yep, here's to another nineteen. Best to you and keep on posting, we're all here for you, too.