Notices

ACV trick

Old 11-13-2018, 04:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

ACV trick

A friend of mine is quitting with me, she sent me an article about quitting alcohol and nutrition. It said drink apple cider vinegar with water or soda water to manage cravings. I just tried it today and it really tricked my mind into thinking I was having a drink. Also the apple cider vinegar is supposed to have health benefits. Anyone tried this?
Old 11-13-2018, 04:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've never tried it directly for cravings. But it is really good for gut health....which I am pretty darn convinced is the holy grail of over all health.

Alcohol destroys gut health (hence all the digestive issues). Candida, super bad bacteria, loves alcohol...its fuel for it. So balancing that bacteria (we are 90% bacteria after all...so why are we constantly trying to kill it? Dunno.) is really important. All the anti bac crap in our cleaning products, the anti biotics in our food, the broad spectrum anti biotics we take....can really, really mess us up. Google info on it. Its very interesting.

Soooo yes. ACV is good stuff. Obviously a little goes a long way. I make a drink with 12 oz water, 1 T ACV, cucumbers, 2T Aloe vera (the supplement juice. Gotta buy good stuff) and 1 tsp honey...blend it all up. Good stuff.

Fermented foods and prebiotic foods are great. Working psyllium husk powder into the diet also really helps.

Haha. Sorry. Clearly I'm passionate about it!
Old 11-14-2018, 02:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Frick has nailed it! ACV is a really good suppliment and does many wonderful things for our bodies. I am currently having a detox bath twice a week with dead sea salts and ACV with a few drops of frankensense oil to mask the smell lol. But my skin has absolutely transformed. I also do a "down in one shot" every morning where I juice 3 cm of fresh ginger, 1 stalk of celery, a tablespoon of ACV and an apple. The ginger gets your insides moving (too many health benefits to list), the celery is a great balancer of electrolytes the ACV is great for gut health, clear skin etc and the apple...well I chuck that in to sweeten up the rest of the ingredients and make it taste nice. xx
Old 11-14-2018, 05:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oooo that sounds good!