Notices

1 month sober! Still buzzed/brain fog feeling uhhhhh.

Old 04-22-2019, 06:37 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tekink View Post
I had brain fog for more than 6 months. Took me about 13 to actually feel normal.
Would you say that brain fog made you feel kinda impaired or just a weird unpleasant feeling? I’m on 6 months and still have it. Can’t wait for the day I feel normal again. Man it’s unpleasant going threw this.
Old 04-22-2019, 06:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

I forget - did you see a doctor eventually Blake?

D
Old 04-23-2019, 04:22 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I forget - did you see a doctor eventually Blake?

D
Hipefully within a month I will see one, what kind of doctors would someone see for this type of thing? I just know my eyes act up a lot and feel dimmer in light and when It’s bright light outside it makes me squint. Been to an eye doctor and they told me to wear glasses but that’s not the problem. I’m wondering if I’m confusing bad brainfog with eye blurry problems. I guess the only way to find out is a doctor. I finally got insurance next month so you best bet I’m going. Seems like the symptoms come on more around 4-8 pm at night.
Old 04-23-2019, 04:26 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Blakekapetanis1 View Post

Yes!! 100% that’s how my brain fog feels. How long did it take for you to be completely free of this fog. So glad someone could relate to that feeling.
I had brain fog for more than 6 months. Took me about 13 to actually feel normal.
Did your brain fog seem to come on during a part of the day or morning very strongly. I think the brain fog makes me think that my eyes are acting up or something. Hopefully visiting doctors soon. My eyes also seem to get weird during certain times a day. It’s like my eyes are hazed our or the lights seem dimmer.
Old 04-23-2019, 06:18 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

I would just see a normal one - family doctor - unles you know of some who deal with addiction..

Keep in mind that most doctors have never heard of paws - but they may be able to isolate other underlying factors like anxiety, eye problems, etc.

D
Old 08-26-2019, 05:33 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hello,
In those 13 month that it took for you to feel normal did things get better leading up to the 13 months sober.. I’m on 10 months sober and have been feeling great up until 4 days ago. Just feel that spacey, brain fog feeling again. I know a lot of people describe this as coming and going in waves. Starting to believe that things will eventually balance out again. At about 5 months I thought I totally fried my brain and I was going to feel like this forever. Still kinda feel that it may be possible but I’m trying to be more positive.