Notices

7 months, feeling life again

Old 11-11-2018, 05:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

7 months, feeling life again

welp, it’s been 7 months. Sometimes that feels like forever , other times not so much.

in the past two days my stomach has finally mellowed out. Not sure why it took so long. More than likely all the coffee and monsters.

still smoking cigarettes but plan to address it soon.

so if you would have told me ten years ago that not drinking would push me to a lead tech position at work , help me pay off my truck and buy a boat , and actually feel like for what it is ......well I probably still would have drank another ten years.

but here we are now and it’s almost like along with sobriety things just started falling into place. I haven’t had very many cravings the past few months. It’s actually fun to get a little frustrated at work or life and not have booze as my relief. My days are much more enjoyable and go by much faster now. Work is fun again. No groggy trouble shooting at work I can be clear headed. While I haven’t really been posting I felt like I should because things like this helped me in the beginning and hopefully my words help someone else.

later guys....
Old 11-11-2018, 05:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Amen.

It's so much easier to accomplish things with a clear head.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 7 months sober! You are proof it can be done.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

This is wonderful news, Notso.
It's very sad how we sabotage ourselves by staying numb & foggy. I'm so glad we've seen the light.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations!!!!🎈🎊🎉 within seven months you accomplished all these things? Gives me hope I can get my life back and better than ever
Old 11-11-2018, 08:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations notsodrunk

D
Old 12-23-2018, 01:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. And yes, If I can, we all can 🤙🏻
Old 12-23-2018, 03:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

merry christmas notsodrunk

D
Old 12-24-2018, 05:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing! And glad you are in it for the long haul. Way to go!
Old 12-24-2018, 05:51 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congratulations! It’s a really good reminder especially now with all the ‘festivities’ this time of year
Old 12-24-2018, 08:28 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Notsodrunk View Post
welp, it’s been 7 months. Sometimes that feels like forever , other times not so much.

in the past two days my stomach has finally mellowed out. Not sure why it took so long. More than likely all the coffee and monsters.

still smoking cigarettes but plan to address it soon.

so if you would have told me ten years ago that not drinking would push me to a lead tech position at work , help me pay off my truck and buy a boat , and actually feel like for what it is ......well I probably still would have drank another ten years.

but here we are now and it’s almost like along with sobriety things just started falling into place. I haven’t had very many cravings the past few months. It’s actually fun to get a little frustrated at work or life and not have booze as my relief. My days are much more enjoyable and go by much faster now. Work is fun again. No groggy trouble shooting at work I can be clear headed. While I haven’t really been posting I felt like I should because things like this helped me in the beginning and hopefully my words help someone else.

later guys....
I can attest to this. I'm around the same length of time sober as you. Life is definitely improving. It took a while to shift the depression, and the anxiety but now that cloud has cleared I am starting to feel life again.

I used to get bad edema in my legs from drinking and sitting at the computer. That's gone completely. My acne has gone. My hair looks healthy. When I take a photo of myself I no longer have blotches or redness. My nose used to get so red.

Same as you with smoking lol! One thing at a time though.

Well done mate! I am very happy for you. You seem further ahead than I in terms of productivity and drive. I'm getting there. I'm a tech guy too, I write software. Coding drunk was never a good idea and I can't believe I did it for so long. You know how some people get drunk and get big headed? I used to think I was a God programmer and hacker and I did some pretty bad stuff in terms of hacking that led me into jail as a result of alcohol. Showing off drunk :S
Old 12-24-2018, 08:31 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Nice post. Thanks