SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Relapsed last night, nearly two months. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/433947-relapsed-last-night-nearly-two-months.html)

Longlady 11-11-2018 01:51 AM

Relapsed last night, nearly two months.

I got to nearly two months and yesterday I think I forgot why I had quit. I'd gone through sober for October fine as I had a reason not to drink but I took my eye off the ball and bought a bottle yesterday afternoon thinking it'd be fine. I'll be honest, it was not a pleasant experience, I was sick after drinking too much and feeling awful this morning. I think that is the first time I've been sick like that from alcohol. Told husband this morning I'm off drinking again, he's very understanding, I'm very lucky. So I'm back to day one.

Dee74 11-11-2018 03:31 AM

Welcome back longlady :)
got any ideas on how you might stay focused this time?

D

doggonecarl 11-11-2018 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Longlady (Post 7052798)
...I think I forgot why I had quit.

You had signed up for Sober October. Once the month was over, your commitment wavered. Commit to lifelong sobriety. Then you don't have to remember why you quit. You only have to remember you are never drinking again.

Sunflower79 11-11-2018 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by doggonecarl (Post 7052852)
You had signed up for Sober October. Once the month was over, your commitment wavered. Commit to lifelong sobriety. Then you don't have to remember why you quit. You only have to remember you are never drinking again.

I second this. Make sobriety you number one priority daily

Gerard52 11-11-2018 11:59 PM

You are making progress 2 months is a decent time to put some damage on the addiction. Obviously you can do it you are right get back on wagon asap.

Delilah1 11-12-2018 12:26 AM

Welcome back!

Longlady 11-12-2018 01:48 AM

Feeling better today, yesterday was not a good day at all and felt terrible, guilty, sick, tired. I need to get focussed again as I don't really know what I was thinking in buying that bottle. About half way through October I'd got to the point of not really thinking about alcohol as it was off the menu so for those few weeks it just wasn't part of my life. I'm definitely not drinking today and need to tell myself that each morning.

aasharon90 11-12-2018 02:08 AM

Take what you've learned so far about
addiction and recovery and continue to
build upon it listening, learning, absorbing
and applying it to your recovery foundation
so that it will be strong and solid for you
to live upon as you move forward.

Remove any and all thoughts that maybe
one day you will be able to drink successfully
in this life time and replace it with a
continuous program of recovery to incorporate
in all areas of your life now.

Hold onto your recovery lifelines tight
and never let go so you never have to
go thru or figure out anything alone or
by yourself again.

The fellowship in recovery is strong
and we are here for you day after day. :)

August252015 11-12-2018 02:35 AM

Glad you are back!

Wishing for you that you find an action plan that makes being sober always better than the alternative.

PhoenixJ 11-12-2018 04:19 AM

SUPPORT TO YOU. What can you learn from this?