Notices

Painful stomach cramps

Old 11-09-2018, 02:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Painful stomach cramps

Going into day three. Woke up this morning with really bad stomach cramps and burning sensation. Comes in waves. Is this withdrawals as I have not had this before. Trying to ride this through guess it’s kindling and progression. Just so painful and why would this happen on day three? Any clues ? Feel dreadful have again abused myself and my body want to just feel better
Old 11-09-2018, 03:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you tried drinking some milk?
Old 11-09-2018, 03:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have had bad stomach cramps. Once I had to call an ambulance. They can give you tablets for it. If they continue past a month of abstinence an endoscopy is recommended in case you have an ulcer. Don't worry too much about it. It's probably just withdrawals I am on day 2 and just take my stomach tablet and painkillers. I am giving out medical advice but only from my own experience.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

This used to happen to me as well and what helped was anti-diarrheal (don’t know where you live but here in the US the brand name is Imodium) Even if you do not have diarrhea it is effective in relaxing the colon. Sorry if this is gross everyone but the physical effects of our bodies detoxing isn’t pretty
Old 11-09-2018, 03:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, I did. Gagging, vomiting and diarrhea sometimes too. My withdrawal was protracted and pretty much everything in my body was affected and had to heal. It's not fun that it takes time, but that's the truth for a lot of us, more than we would hope. Not drinking, trying to stay hydrated and heating pads were as helpful as anything else.
Old 11-09-2018, 03:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you feeling now Eve?

D
Old 11-09-2018, 06:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Alcohol tears up the lining of your stomach. I’ve had gastritis, heartburn and many other stomach issues. It’s coming to term that alcohol is starting to affect your health, long term. There are some otc meds for issues. I like diet changes for my stomach. Natural honey is great, pepermint tea 🍵, also avoid dairy except yogurt and probiotics. Rebuild a healthy stomach. I sympathize with the stomach pains and hope you get well soon.
Old 11-10-2018, 01:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Acute pancreatitis can be brought on by drinking and it can occur in alcohol withdrawal. If you do not start feeling better, see your doctor.

Hope you feel better soon.
Bonnie
Old 11-10-2018, 02:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Guys

remember to share experience only please - none of us is qualified to diagnose conditions over the internet.

Hope you're feeling a little better today Eve

D
Old 11-10-2018, 08:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi, how are you feeling? I agree with Dee, and you should check in with a doctor. I can share that in my own experience alcohol and my stomach are no longer friends. I have no medical training. With that said I’m 100% certain alcohol won’t help. It’s gotten so bad in the last year for me. Ulcers, gastritis, and issued that are tmi. I have been to doctors and they diagnosed me. Please let us know how you are feeling and check in with a doctor.