Notices

Ugh

Old 11-07-2018, 12:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ugh

I don’t know why I’m writing this. I know some people here may know me and it’s been ages since I’ve posted.

I’ve basically had enough, I can’t fight this anymore, I feel like giving up, alchol
wins. I won’t do anything silly because I have responsibilities. But also I can’t do it anymore, I hate this feeling, I didn’t choose this
Old 11-07-2018, 01:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi Room 1!

I don't think I chose my alcoholic situation, but I did make some choices at a moment when I was not drinking that led to long-term sobriety. My choices were to go to detox and then do 90 AA meetings in ninety days as a start.

If you choose SoberRecovery for support, read around and post often! Welcome back!
Old 11-07-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can choose to stop drinking and to live the life you want. You mustn't give up because this disease is relentless. But, you can change and be the person you want to be. We're here to help.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im getting help, just today I was in a meeting. They won’t detox me. They say I have to ween of it. It’s s so hard to do that though. I don’t want to drink but they say I can’t just quit. I am seriously thinking of going cold turkey and taking my chances
Old 11-07-2018, 01:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Who is 'they' who won't detox you? Cold turkey is hard to do but can be done. I hope you'll read and post often and let our support help you get sober for good.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Room,

Some folks need meds to quit. I might someday, but not for now.

You might need some to get the ball rolling.

I suffered horribly and still do sometimes.

My emotions still are not normal and where I work folks love it when someone has a weakness to make fun off. Everyone knows I quit drinking and pretty much don't believe it. They know I regret being dickish at times and that is a weakness.

I don't give hoot really. I love myself now. I am living my life clean, pure and honest. I look forward to the new adventures, even if it means I am under duress because of my having to relearn life sober.

Welcome the challenge. Embrace the suffering. Pain means we are getting stronger.

I remember daily that booze causes brain damage. It takes years to normalize.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Its either Least or Heavyn that says we need to want to be sober more than drink. I believe in that. If we drink and drink and it hasn't yet killed us, we finally get fed up and say enough! In my case it didn't take my life but it took losing my company and two broken legs to call it quits. Even then it was hard.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to see you still struggling, but I'm glad you're back Room

Would it be achievable for you to start posting here again regularly?
It could be a start?

D
Old 11-07-2018, 09:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I don’t want I drink anymore, that I’m certain off. However after 5 weeks of seeing alcohol detox people (that’s the they, for whoever asked) they don’t help, all they say is it’s to dangerous for me to go cold turkey, yet they won’t give me meds and just tell me to reduce over time. As If it was that bloody easy. Today I’m seriously thinking of risking cold turkey
Old 11-07-2018, 09:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It can’t get worse than this, I just don’t want it, why I have been seeking help, the help just isn’t working though as they don’t actually do anything apart from scare the crap out of me telling me not to quit?!?

ive had enough
Old 11-07-2018, 09:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Where you have awareness, you have choices, Room.
Believe me I know it can get much, MUCH worse. I was a diehard who had to find out for himself how far worse can be, and there was no stop left after my true rock-b.

I always believed it was up to others to rescue me- that I did not have the option of helping myself...where as it is more accurate to say I had to assume responsibility for myself- then others would willingly help.

The main thing here- is to stop drinking - for me.

IF- I drink again, next time I will stay dead.

Support to you and keep posting.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I want to stop, they just say I’ll probably die, but they won’t give me meds,I don’t understand why they won’t help me.

i can’t even walk my own daughter to school anymore as I’m deemed a risk,,thankfully I still have them at home with me, but have to have supervision, my mother has had to move in, I’m 47, it’s not helping. I can’t live like this, I feel like a 5 year old having a tantrum I know. But when you pretty much beg for help and nothing happens it gets to the feeling like why bother, just give up and end it. I won’t as my girls need me
Old 11-07-2018, 09:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Have they removed the like button? I want to thank people for replying to me, but can’t seem to find a thumbs up/like button anymore. I only have a phone to access this site now, maybe that’s why, I used to use a computer but I don’t have one anymore, finding the mobile version harder to use
Old 11-07-2018, 09:51 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I Know my thoughts are not normal, I want to do the right thing, I know my girls are suffering because of me, so part of me thinks that maybe they are better off if I just leave. I know deep down they need me though, but I can’t quite convince myself they would be better off without me so I’m still here
Old 11-08-2018, 12:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Hi room, on the mobile version if you look at the top left of the screen and page there are 3 lines, click on them and a drop down menu appears, select “view desktop version” and you will be able to see the website the way you are used to seeing it. x
Old 11-08-2018, 02:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Room

I'm not in the UK so I can't speak from experience.

What I do know is people from the UK do get and stay sober.

If doctors etc are advising you to wean ask for a weaning schedule - that seems a reasonable ask to me.

You have a family to consider so it's best to be safe, whatever you decide to do.

I wish I could tell you what to do, but I can't - and I really don't know.

If you are feeling like you might be a danger to yourself, can you call a crisis line?

D
Old 11-08-2018, 02:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I have the thoughts but won’t act on them, I don’t know why I think the way I do. It’s like my brain and soul are separate entities.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Part of me just wants it over, the other part is still fighting
Old 11-08-2018, 02:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you'll start posting here again regularly room - it can really help you get past those moments when you want to drink.

It's not easy - but support helps.

D
Old 11-08-2018, 04:37 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
Hi Room 1!

I don't think I chose my alcoholic situation, but I did make some choices at a moment when I was not drinking that led to long-term sobriety. My choices were to go to detox and then do 90 AA meetings in ninety days as a start.

If you choose SoberRecovery for support, read around and post often! Welcome back!
Me too! It took me a long time and a lot of self loathing and consequences.

You can do it.