Notices

Failed again I’m pathetic

Old 11-07-2018, 02:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Failed again I’m pathetic

no words just can’t atop relapsing. So scared now it’s just like I’m so stupid I never learn or change devestated why can’t I just stay sober for good
Old 11-07-2018, 02:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey Eve
You're where I was a couple of days ago.
You're not pathetic or stupid. I find it very hard aswell, I'm only on day 2 and terrified that I'll relapse again.
What makes you drink ? I'm looking hard at why I drink and tackling it from that angle. Just trying to stop isn't enough for me cause I'll fail.
Can you change your routine ?
Would you go to a meeting ?
You can do this, you just need to find your way.
xxx
Old 11-07-2018, 02:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Been trying for over 6 years tried Aa for years done rehab. Just feel like the worse person and a total failure tha is for replying it’s heartbreaking isn’t it
Old 11-07-2018, 03:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by eve123 View Post
no words just can’t atop relapsing. So scared now it’s just like I’m so stupid I never learn or change devestated why can’t I just stay sober for good
Originally Posted by ShenzyT View Post
Hey Eve
You're where I was a couple of days ago.
You're not pathetic or stupid. I find it very hard aswell, I'm only on day 2 and terrified that I'll relapse again.
What makes you drink ? I'm looking hard at why I drink and tackling it from that angle. Just trying to stop isn't enough for me cause I'll fail.
Can you change your routine ?
Would you go to a meeting ?
You can do this, you just need to find your way.
xxx
Been trying for over 6 years tried Aa for years done rehab. Just feel like the worse person and a total failure tha is for replying it’s heartbreaking isn’t it
eve. I understand completely. I have the same issue and feelings. Don't stop trying. We can do this. YOU can do this.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I tried with varying efforts to quit drinking for over 10 years. I'm on day 7 this time and I can't quite explain why I think (know?) it's different this time, but I do very much have that feeling. Keep doing the next right thing and you can do this. Alcohol was my crutch and my cure, until it wasn't. It had become the problem. It took a lot of looking in and soul searching but I finally had to accept that, really accept that. Today I'm calm and I know I will return home tonight the same and that I can do this. I desperately want this to be my last day 7 ever. Keep working, praying, asking for help, and accepting that help, and you can do this!
Old 11-07-2018, 12:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had a lot of day 1's until it finally clicked. Keep posting and learning all you can. Don't give up on quitting. Would you consider going back to AA or something similar? did that help for awhile?
Old 11-07-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You are BRAVE for coming here! So many people can relate to where you are. Please keep posting.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:21 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are not pathetic or stupid because you keep trying. One day it will stick! Stay with us and never give up.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Eve, hang in there. Keep your eyes on being sober and try not to let anything get in your way. You are by all means NOT pathetic. Give yourself a break. You are aware of your issue with drinking and that awareness will take you far. Keep fighting for yourself take it a day at a time. We are rooting for you.
Old 11-07-2018, 03:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi

you are not pathetic. I have a real problems with relapsing. I struggle badly after 3 days sober.

Alcohol is everywhere, also people talk about it all the time in the workplace. When they talk about it it leads
me to buy alcohol with the intention of having one or two drinks. What happens then is I get totally drunk end up doing something stupid. I then wake up unable to go to work going through horrible anxiety and wishing I was dead. I just keep going around in circles it very unhappy existence.

its important to learn something new from each relapse. Someone who keeps on trying is not pathetic. Giving up alcohol peemantly is incredibly difficult.

take care x
Old 11-07-2018, 03:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Don't give up on yourself. I couldn't stop drinking either... until I did. Keep trying til you get it.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing today Eve?

D
Old 11-07-2018, 05:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

hi eve,
had a gazillion day ones, now many years sober.
has nothing at all to do with stupid or smart.
Old 11-07-2018, 10:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi eve, alcoholism doesn't make you stupid or pathetic. It's an addiction. Keep trying.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Eve- no you are NOT pathetic
no you are NOT stupid

you are human. We are often our worst critics. You posted here and that takes strength and also shows you have hope. Every experience we have in life is a learning one.
Keep posting. My prayers and support to you.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Thank you all for replying. Day two AGAIN just so fed up of it and I’m afraid I do see myself as pathetic I mean when something causes you so much pain worry and negativity and you still do it again what else can I say. Disgusted by myself really really sick of it all. Then I feel better I forget this and fail again at end of my wits with it all I have a huge problem that I can’t seem to solve. I do still attend meetings but can no longer be honest just have so much shame and fear
Old 11-08-2018, 03:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

The shame and fear is probably a good thing for you at present because it has kept you 2 days sober.

Tge true test comes when the shame and fear goes.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Eve, your emotions are running understandably high right now. As long as you feel that you are not going to pick up a drink again, but you've taken a little time to get back to a more even state of mind, knowing that you can come here any time to express those thoughts safely. You're already two days sober, and that's a start. What can you do now that will keep you from turning back on those two days?
Old 11-08-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

I’m going to post and post on here I still have extreme anxiety and fear sweating head like a washing machine. Just have tried for so long only to fail again over and over it’s insane it really is thabks all for being here
Old 11-08-2018, 05:56 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Thank you all for replying. Day two AGAIN just so fed up of it and I’m afraid I do see myself as pathetic I mean when something causes you so much pain worry and negativity and you still do it again what else can I say. Disgusted by myself really really sick of it all. Then I feel better I forget this and fail again at end of my wits with it all I have a huge problem that I can’t seem to solve. I do still attend meetings but can no longer be honest just have so much shame and fear
I can only speak for myself, but the description above was me for many years. I mean exactly the same feelings. All of it ended when I quit. I believe you can do it too.