Notices

Determined to make it this time

Old 11-06-2018, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Determined to make it this time

Hello, all. Pretty desperate to stay sober this time for the long term. Today is day 6, and this very much isn't my first rodeo. Legal troubles, relationship troubles, financial troubles and generally just not liking myself... I'm done. I've been reading here and the support is great. Just wanted to say hello.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on Day 6!
Old 11-06-2018, 07:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, dafunbra!

Great job on day 6.

Nice to meet you.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hello, dafunbra.
way to go on day 6!
Old 11-06-2018, 08:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. Six days is a great start!
Old 11-06-2018, 08:52 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Congratulations on six days! If you plan to make SoberRecovery a part of your recovery plan, you will need to read around and post often.

Here's a couple good threads to join:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post7049069 (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 417)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post7048947
Old 11-06-2018, 08:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dafunbra View Post
Hello, all. Pretty desperate to stay sober this time for the long term. Today is day 6, and this very much isn't my first rodeo. Legal troubles, relationship troubles, financial troubles and generally just not liking myself... I'm done. I've been reading here and the support is great. Just wanted to say hello.
Day 7 will be easier than day 6!!!
Old 11-06-2018, 09:06 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey I am right there with you. Day 8 off H for me. Keep going strong, random good things can and will happen when you continue to do right.
. Recovery as I have come to understand it isn't about changing the one thing but changing everything even it is just making very small steps or things, like getting a vape instead a pack of smokes. Going surfing instead of video games. Statt small stay positive vent here or a meeting or to support when needed
this is also like my 5th attempt at recovery, I am saying it is different this time but applying what I said above really is making a difference
Old 11-06-2018, 09:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Glad you are Here!
Old 11-06-2018, 12:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi there, day 4 here, seems like we're in it together all of us!
Old 11-06-2018, 01:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 11-06-2018, 01:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Keep this site close.
When I would start thinking about drinking I would get on here and read a few relapse posts and it would remind me why I quit. You don't ever have to be hungover again.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

That's exactly how I felt when I first joined here, dafunbra. Everything had fallen apart - I was completely dependent on my daily drinking & had to take action. The encouragement here was the reason I found the courage to change my life. You can do it too - you are never alone.

Congratulations on your Day 6. We know how hard you've worked to get there. Posting and reading here will help.
Old 11-06-2018, 02:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Old 11-06-2018, 03:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome, congrats on day 6.
Hang in there, you can do this.
xx
Old 11-06-2018, 06:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you for the good wishes, everyone. I've been reading around a lot and the support here is awesome. Day 6 is in the books for me. Sitting at home, in my pj's, and reading here and not drinking. Feels pretty good!
Old 11-06-2018, 07:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Nice work Daf and welcome. This place will get you sober if you let it,

Do you have a plan?
Old 11-06-2018, 07:17 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I'm in an IOP. As I posted earlier, I have legal issues because of the drinking. Which is scary as hell. Had court today, again in 7 weeks or so. Relationship is extremely strained with an amazing woman, but she is still talking with me some. Also just got a promotion at work. So good and bad. In other words- life. I have a sponsor and we've started working. I'm reading a lot on here and all over the Internet. I really want to be sober. I've been reaching out to other alcoholics, texting and chatting. I know hard days will come, but again, I'm determined. I REALLY want to become a chip *****, lol. I actually have some self confidence and a lot less self loathing. I've been really trying to do something, anything active to combat when I recognize myself starting down that rabbit hole. And I'm working hard on recognizing when I start down the wrong path in my head. I know 6 days is only 6 days... but I don't want to be that person I had become ever again.
Old 11-06-2018, 07:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dafunbra View Post
I'm in an IOP. As I posted earlier, I have legal issues because of the drinking. Which is scary as hell. Had court today, again in 7 weeks or so. Relationship is extremely strained with an amazing woman, but she is still talking with me some. Also just got a promotion at work. So good and bad. In other words- life. I have a sponsor and we've started working. I'm reading a lot on here and all over the Internet. I really want to be sober. I've been reaching out to other alcoholics, texting and chatting. I know hard days will come, but again, I'm determined. I REALLY want to become a chip *****, lol. I actually have some self confidence and a lot less self loathing. I've been really trying to do something, anything active to combat when I recognize myself starting down that rabbit hole. And I'm working hard on recognizing when I start down the wrong path in my head. I know 6 days is only 6 days... but I don't want to be that person I had become ever again.
Now that's a response! Good stuff Keep it moving
Old 11-07-2018, 12:43 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Welcome daf