Notices

I had to dob in arelative for talking to hit men about God

Old 11-05-2018, 01:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I had to dob in arelative for talking to hit men about God

Shift this was horrible. But I had to do it for my own safety. I called the police and told them. I think he is niave. I have had a number of break-in s which I put down to my exes death. He can't convert a hit man. They are just playing him The police came around to see me but seemed more interested in him. They said to keep up my security. I feel terrible and are drinking.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Really sorry to hear you are drinking again. When you have been told it's life and death by a Doctor that you stop drinking but you are still finding excuses to drink? What will it take for you to realise that you need to stop?
Old 11-05-2018, 03:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ok...I have no idea whats going on at all...but you're not going to change anything by drinking sweetichick.

You're in dire straights with your health, you're in a perilous financial position and a few days you agreed you needed to try and be a role model for your daughter.

Noone said any of that would be easy - its not - but you need to have other options to work through before you go for the booze sweetichick...

AA meetings, posting here..phone a friend....

You're worth the effort - it really is time to break out the elbow grease.

D
Old 11-05-2018, 03:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I guess I am just worried that I have destroyed the relationship. I shouldn't be drinking. I know that. I had to protect myself. My ex is dead and can't stick up for me.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

He is talking to hit men to try and convert them. I think he is getting them through my brother in law who has been to jail 3 times. I wasn't sure if he was actually threatening me. That's why I reported it.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I don't understand either, Sweeti. What is he trying to convert them to?

As Dee said, this is not easy, but there is no reason, none at all, that makes drinking okay, especially when your health is at great risk. I'm sorry you decided to drink today.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

He's trying to convert them to Christianity. He has his own form of what that means. Sort of hard to explain. I am too scared to sleep. But I should not be drinking over it.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Wasn't your last post about the fact that you were worried regarding your teenage daughters substance abuse? Honestly Suite, like most here I've followed your story for a long time. You've had a lot to deal with, both through the random chances of life and through your own self-inflicted decisions. But you just keep drinking and drinking. Other than using this site as a means of discussing your life's problems which I know are serious and I feel for you, you just don't seem to ever commit to what you really need to do which is stop drinking.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The drinking is more dangerous to you in an immediate way than hit men.

You can get better, but you really have to decide you're all in and willing to do whatever it takes to not pick up ever again.

I wish you the very best Sweeti--I'm worried for you
Old 11-05-2018, 07:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I am worried about you too sweetie, you are going to end up drinking yourself to death. It doesn't have to be that way.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

With all of that intensity going on in your life, wouldn't you want a clear head to deal with it? The more you drink, the more clouded and emotional your judgment will become. You need to be strong and put the alcohol away for good.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi sweet good to see you posting but sorry to hear you are drinking.

so many of your posts are about you getting involved in other people's drama and what they are doing or might do or what they are thinking.

an old phrase helps me hugely at times when I feel pulled into other people's drama. I can't control what others say or do only what I do and how I react to it.

instead of focusing on others maybe just look at yourself and what you can do to rebuild your life. We can only start to do that when we stop drinking though.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
I guess I am just worried that I have destroyed the relationship. I shouldn't be drinking. I know that. I had to protect myself. My ex is dead and can't stick up for me.
your ex caused you nothing but trouble . He was no protector or savior. We can only save ourselves. With genuine outside support of course.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Sweeti - I'm glad you are still checking in with us. I hope you'll get back to regaining your sobriety so you can deal with things in a coherent way. Being numb & foggy gets us nowhere. You may think it's helping you to stay calm, but it's putting you in danger.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am still drinking today. It's 35 degrees Celsius here and I have heat exhaustion. Thanks for all the replies. It helped to make sure that I have perspective. You are right my drinking will kill me before any hitman. Today's the last day. I feel like I stabbed my relative in the back but I did the right thing. Just hoping I can make it forwards. The heat takes away all my cleaning distraction. Prayers for a better day tomorrow.
Old 11-05-2018, 09:40 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not doing so well today in the heat either sweetichick but you have to stop drinking.

Alcohol is not going to keep you hydrated and in the ridiculous temps at the moment, there's a very great chance you'll end up severely dehydrated.

Why does drinking alcohol cause dehydration? › Dr Karl's Great Moments In Science (ABC Science)

D
Old 11-05-2018, 09:52 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I hope you have stopped drinking Sweeti, I'm still not clear on exactly what was going on, but I do know you will handle any situation better with a clear head.

Have you spoken to your daughter, or did you hear from others she's been drinking. If you are back in contact that's an excellent reason to stay sober, and if you aren't yet, still an excellent reason to stay sober.
Old 11-05-2018, 10:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I haven't the faintest idea what's going on, but I do know that drinking will only make it worse.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm not doing so well today in the heat either sweetichick but you have to stop drinking.

Alcohol is not going to keep you hydrated and in the ridiculous temps at the moment, there's a very great chance you'll end up severely dehydrated.

Why does drinking alcohol cause dehydration? ۼ Dr Karl's Great Moments In Science (ABC Science)

D
Thanks Dee. I decided to make every s econd drink water after that. Thanks for the concern only one more day of hot weather thank God
Old 11-06-2018, 01:40 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Dob what a funny word.