Notices

Day 322 - Praying

Old 11-04-2018, 07:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 322 - Praying

Hi. I have been reading but did not check in. I'm on day 322. I wish I could bring you amazing news...but it may be helpful to someone experiencing the same things.

My head fog continued to worsen, I still have horrible lapses. I saw a doctor and all of my blood work, including major vitamins, is normal. However, I continue with being very anxious, severe fatigue, shaking hands and the inability to feel whole. Like part of me has passed . Very down and blue in upon waking as well. Almost a hungover feeling. Head fog, and forgetful. Not wanting to be around a lot of people. So, I saw a head doctor who prescribed an AD, Trintellix. It started to work, but then caused fast heart rate and now vomiting. So will try something else. I surmise I had been ill while drinking and just covered it up. I've always had anxiety issues, but NEVER to this extreme. It's almost one year, and my eyes are still heavy/droopy and so tired. The prior 5 years of sobriety I had, I did not go through this. I'm 54 now and they say it gets worse each relapse. Not for me. God is gracious and I've damaged my brain. Getting to work at night is just horrible. I drag myself out of bed and go. My hands shake, involuntary tremors and it's embarassing.
The good things so far...I'm not really hungover, I just feel that way. Clean sheets, and the rare day of a clear head.
Old 11-04-2018, 08:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I hope you start feeling better soon.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to hear you're still not feeling great Septemberschild.

In my experience it took a little while to recover from what was for me 20 years of really hard drinking.

The brain has amazing recuperative powers tho - it can even adapt to brain damage and retrain other parts of the brain to take over certain functions.

I really don't think this is the best you're going to get Septemberschild - I know its hard but try and have a little faith.

Have you heard of PAWs - I'm not a Dr and I'm not offering a diagnosis but you may well find some answers here:

https://digital-dharma.net/post-acut...r-immediately/

Hang in there

D
Old 11-05-2018, 12:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee74 and least. I know I will get through this and adapt. But, I'm a bit scared ya know. The brain issues are causing my body more anxiety because I feel so unwell. My brain and body are not working together right now. Thus, no harmony.
I have heard of PAWs, and I have read up on it. But, there seems to be a lot of difference of opinions with people and the medical field on this one. However, I'm living it...that's what it seems like to me. So, no one can tell this doesn't exsist. They can only argue what to call it.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, SC-I am 54. I still wake feeling the same way 'normies' feel after finishing a week at work. Somedays it is one minute at a time. As well as c-PTSD, I have major depression and other stuff. I run through HALTS often (Hungry Angry Lonely Tired/thirsty Sad/stressed...fix it or get help). I get teary at the most ridiculous of incidence and some days just want to go back to bed. For me- meetingds, a GP and counsellor and posting here every day are a must.
Support to you.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Well at 51 weeks I hear what you are saying. No memory for names (not like the youthful me). Forget appointments, some things I was supposed to do,, things I said I was gonna get done. Gone.
But maybe that's the way, even if I wasn't a drinker previously. I do remember many of the things that I love. I recall without hesitation where I left my paddle after a whitewater fail. Maybe what I don't remember, I'd not normally at this time regardless I have been flooding my brain with stuff I was only barely aware of a year ago Brain damage or not, it's not gonna happen overnight Life has changed I think if we get older.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hmmm. That's a lot of physiological stuff. Have you ever considered having a holistic MD (just a reg dr in US but has all the nutritional and supplemental training as well) take a look at your blood work, you diet, probably your gut microbiome? Im a huge believer that we are what we eat and drink and smoke. Having a highly trained professional look at your whole system might be beneficial. It has been for me.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Septemberschild View Post
Thanks Dee74 and least. I know I will get through this and adapt. But, I'm a bit scared ya know. The brain issues are causing my body more anxiety because I feel so unwell. My brain and body are not working together right now. Thus, no harmony.
I have heard of PAWs, and I have read up on it. But, there seems to be a lot of difference of opinions with people and the medical field on this one. However, I'm living it...that's what it seems like to me. So, no one can tell this doesn't exsist. They can only argue what to call it.
Theres some helpful tips in that link for mitigating the effects of PAWS - diet exercise etc

D
Old 11-05-2018, 04:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you continue to try to find ways to feel better. If the antidepressant didn't work for you, maybe you could try a different one. I really hope that things improve for you.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

The brain has the amazing ability to heal. I’m over 50 and my word retrieval can be poor some days. Especially if it is a word that starts with a capital letter. Names, places, specific descriptive words....gone. Oh well! Riding the bike and getting the blood flowing seems to be the best medicine for age in my experience.
Stay strong!!
SF